Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

61 - 80 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
White A35 AMG, Red and Black leather interior, Premium pack
40 Posts
I wouldn't worry too much as it'll be covered by warranty and a good quality courtesy car if the worst happened. For instance, I had an S-Class when my turbo went.
True, I have two years warranty including 1 years original Mercedes so I’m not concerned from a repairs perspective, just because I love the car and don’t want it stuck in the repair shop for weeks on end!
I couldn’t park an S Class here the spaces are way too small (as they are everywhere nowadays) so hopefully they’ll give me something smaller if necessary 😅

·
Super Moderator
4,308 Posts
I also had an SLK when a service over ran for the weekend.

Reactions: DRoy1

·
Registered
19 Posts
True, I have two years warranty including 1 years original Mercedes so I’m not concerned from a repairs perspective, just because I love the car and don’t want it stuck in the repair shop for weeks on end!
I couldn’t park an S Class here the spaces are way too small (as they are everywhere nowadays) so hopefully they’ll give me something smaller if necessary 😅
...4 weeks.. but to be fair the first 10 days we’re going through the motions with coil packs etc. The fault has to be down to some questionable valve guides in the parts bin. 3 of mine were totally find and 1 completely shredded.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Sorry it happened to your car, and this is no consolation to you but if it does happen I’ll be showing the dealer this thread so they know exactly what to look for!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Sorry it happened to your car, and this is no consolation to you but if it does happen I’ll be showing the dealer this thread so they know exactly what to look for!
I have to say my dealer was very good. They were pretty apologetic that it happened. They communicated every other day with progress. I’m just happy the car is back.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The dealer in South Orlando has had my a35 for a MONTH, they say waiting for parts for the new head. Hiding behind the COVID thing, my first Mercedes, VERY disappointed!

·
Registered
40 Posts
The dealer in South Orlando has had my a35 for a MONTH, they say waiting for parts for the new head. Hiding behind the COVID thing, my first Mercedes, VERY disappointed!
All cars have issues I wouldn’t judge it based on this. And tbf since covid is a worldwide problem it is affecting lead times, and a month seems to be about right based on other replies 🤷🏼‍♂️ Hopefully you’ve got a nice courtesy car

·
Super Moderator
4,308 Posts
I wasn't going to say that you must have a Mickey Mouse dealer 😀. But I think there is a genuine problem around covid as many factories across Europe have been adversely affected. Hopefully things will be resolved for you quickly now that we are starting to open up over here.

·
Registered
6 Posts
All cars have issues I wouldn’t judge it based on this. And tbf since covid is a worldwide problem it is affecting lead times, and a month seems to be about right based on other replies 🤷🏼‍♂️ Hopefully you’ve got a nice courtesy car
Thanks, I guess I was venting.
I did get a great courtesy car.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I wasn't going to say that you must have a Mickey Mouse dealer 😀. But I think there is a genuine problem around covid as many factories across Europe have been adversely affected. Hopefully things will be resolved for you quickly now that we are starting to open up over here.
I would guess it’s an issue with getting parts over the pond. My parts were overnighted according to the dealer. And with brexit and the NI protocol I was expecting issues.. But judging on packages I have got from the good olde US of A recently a 4-6 week time to be shipped over the Atlantic is reasonable. On the plus side my car now seems fine. Revs freely and sharply. No adverse effects.. MB technical clearly have a detailed procedure to deal with this. It’s an issue that doesn’t need huge investigations to fix..

·
Super Moderator
3,852 Posts
I'm obviously filling up on autopilot but how do we know what Tesco's 99 is for instance.
It’s clearly labelled on the pump nozzle!!!
Thanks. Autopilot as I said but will try and notice it next time.

Introduction of E10 from Sept 2021 in the UK.

Modern cars (should) run OK, pre-2000 cars will almost certainly have a problem. As will lawn mowers, generators, chainsaws etc.

Some anecdotal evidence that E10 can cause hotter running (and in some cases, propensity for pre-ignition), so any weakness in valves, valve seats, guides etc., may lead to premature failure......

What is E10 fuel and how will it affect you? | RAC Drive

E10 petrol - what is it and how could it affect you?

New E10 petrol poses threat to classic cars | Footman James

·
Super Moderator
4,308 Posts

Modern cars (should) run OK, pre-2000 cars will almost certainly have a problem. As will lawn mowers, generators, chainsaws etc.

Some anecdotal evidence that E10 can cause hotter running (and in some cases, propensity for pre-ignition), so any weakness in valves, valve seats, guides etc., may lead to premature failure......

How are you taking these photos on your phone without someone running out from the Tescos petrol shop to tell you to put the phone away. They are very hot on phones at the Tescos where I usually go.

·
Super Moderator
3,852 Posts
How are you taking these photos on your phone without someone running out from the Tescos petrol shop to tell you to put the phone away. They are very hot on phones at the Tescos where I usually go.
Sneakily :)

Although there is zero evidence of mobile phones ever causing a fire at petrol stations..... bit like some aspects of this 'pandemic'....... but people just accept that mobile phones + petrol pumps = danger.

·
Super Moderator
4,308 Posts
Sneakily :)

Although there is zero evidence of mobile phones ever causing a fire at petrol stations..... bit like some aspects of this 'pandemic'....... but people just accept that mobile phones + petrol pumps = danger.
You aren't still an antivaxxer I hope. Get jabbed for the greater good.

·
Super Moderator
3,852 Posts
You aren't still an antivaxxer I hope. Get jabbed for the greater good.
Dear God.

I'm not polluting this thread with that discussion, nor am I an anti-vaxxer, but things are not as simple as your statement.

If you want to discuss further, I've opened up a new thread in the chat section :)

·
Registered
19 Posts

The fuel filler flap in mine states both E5 and 10 are fine. But I wonder if the head in the a35 is more suited to e10 since it’s the standard in Europe

Dear God.

I'm not polluting this thread with that discussion, nor am I an anti-vaxxer, but things are not as simple as your statement.

If you want to discuss further, I've opened up a new thread in the chat section :)
Please don’t start the vaccine debate. I am a government scientist.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey, can anyone link the fb group that these are being posted in? There are a few I searched and not sure which. Thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
‘So, after 7 weeks, my 2020 a35 has new head and valves. Dealer called me in and went over car with the whole spiel. Out for road test, not running right, now they say fuel injector.
I was afraid of this…

·
Super Moderator
4,308 Posts
‘So, after 7 weeks, my 2020 a35 has new head and valves. Dealer called me in and went over car with the whole spiel. Out for road test, not running right, now they say fuel injector.
I was afraid of this…
Sorry to hear. If a change of injectors does not resolve the problem I would ask them to replace the car. In Europe we can reject a car in quite narrow circumstances but it must be getting to that point for you.

I hope they are giving you a good loan car.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I was afraid of this…
That's awful :( hope it gets resolved.

61 - 80 of 80 Posts