81 - 100 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
That's awful :( hope it gets resolved.
Got car back 500 miles ago, so far ok,
gave it a real work out, running well,
will keep you all posted.

They tell me re engineered head and valves, also replaced valves, pugs and fuel injectors.

I have trust issues, time will tell.

Thanks to all for the support!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Like replaced with new parts that are re-engineered for newly built cars?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Like replaced with new parts that are re-engineered for newly built cars?
I KNOW they realize this has been a problem. They brought me back to the mechanic, 6 years at that South Orlando dealership, this was his 3rd rebuild with this problem. He said basically it a better mousetrap…

·
Registered
293 Posts
I have a bad feeling this may happen to mine soon, tonight I started the car up was already pre warmed from a drive around 3 hours ago, anyway the car was quite jerky in idle, could feel it through the seats etc like a vibration and feeling like it was going to stall also noticed revs were fluctuating and lower idle than usual. However it drove fine and then seemed to vanish after a drive.... Can anyone confirm they had this before they had the fault?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a bad feeling this may happen to mine soon, tonight I started the car up was already pre warmed from a drive around 3 hours ago, anyway the car was quite jerky in idle, could feel it through the seats etc like a vibration and feeling like it was going to stall also noticed revs were fluctuating and lower idle than usual. However it drove fine and then seemed to vanish after a drive.... Can anyone confirm they had this before they had the fault?
Yes, sorry to say, BEFORE misfire problem and check engine light came on, I noticed those
issues, especially hesitation from cold start…

·
Registered
293 Posts
Yes, sorry to say, BEFORE misfire problem and check engine light came on, I noticed those
issues, especially hesitation from cold start…
Yeah I guessed it would be the start of the issue. Drove it today from cold, no problems with idle and was smooth as a whistle... Ill keep my eye on it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
After new cylinder head and valves installed check engine light is still on. Service says the problem is with camshaft gear now and it should be replaced.

·
Super Moderator
5,104 Posts
I don't get why MB aren't biting the bullet and doing a recall on this engine. It seems like a ticking time bomb for A35 owners especially subsequent owners of low mileage cars.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi all,
I'm new to the Mercedes A Class community but have a little story for you all.
I recently purchased a 6 month old AMG A35 from a main dealer. Had a few months and have loved it up until last weekend when engine light came on. Called Merc who sent out technician. Diagnosed coil pack and fitted new. Next day having driven a few miles without issue engine light came back on and same 3 cylinder rough running engine was back. Car went in to main dealer who advised a valve problem (no further info on this yet) New head now being fitted. Anyone else had this issue?
Hi Nim,
Picked up my A35 and on way hom car went into limp mode .MB technician said car loosing pressure in cyclinder 1. They got
My car and said they are replacing the head . They also said there’s been a few faults
With pressure loss on the A35s. Only driven it for 20 minutes 😡
What was your outcome and how
Long did you wait ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Most of the issues im hearing are with the 2019's but obviously this is due to them having covered more miles, just hoping that the newer ones don't have this problem, Mines Sept2020 70 plate so hoping I've missed it, Ive heard of a few 20 plates having the issue, but no 70's yet, which again could be due to the milage.
im on a 20 plate with just 11k miles and losing compression.. MB are replacing the head for starters ...

·
Registered
3 Posts
hi guys my name is James. I am based in Los Angeles. I got an A35 amg in the US we have the Saloon model. I had the car for about 5 months had done just a little over 15k miles. The check engine light came on. I took it to the dealership where I bought it. The tech guy informed me that cylinder 3 had a misfire and was later discovered the cylinder head needed to be replaced. Of course, I was very surprised that the car had such issues when it was fairly new. The w177 platform has been around for a while now. I contacted MBHQ and filed a complaint of what I experienced and asked if other similar reports were made. They responded no very quickly. I am not sure if MB is not allowed to share with me about other A35 histories, but it looks like here that many people had gone through the same problem. I personally think MB amg team should take a deeper look at this matter and if a recall is needed they should act upon it. I am worried that the car would have another catastrophic failure after the cylinder head is replaced or will it happen again.
Does anyone here had the same issues and experienced more problems after? What are the other problems? How did the dealership take the situation? did they apply lemon law or buy back the car?

·
Super Moderator
5,104 Posts
Hi James really sorry to hear. Take a look at your fellow compatriot's posts from the US at around #83 and earlier.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes! Just found out my 2020 a35 needs
new head, 10 months old, 20,000 miles, very disappointed, will be weeks in the shop I’m told.
same with mine bro, I'm in LA car has 18k miles need new cylinder head... smh still in the dealership, did you got yours back? anything else happened after you got it back?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi James really sorry to hear. Take a look at your fellow compatriot's posts from the US at around #83 and earlier.
I will check it out, I just hate the process... thinking about selling it and get the cla45 after but there's a shortage of car in us rn

81 - 100 of 126 Posts