Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, probably a dumb question. I am looking to buy a facelift A45 AMG, maybe tomorrow. It is important I get a face lift model. I currrently have 2 options both 66 plates. One of them, the slightly newer one is coming up as '360 bhp' in the traders advert and online checks, the other one comes up with 381 bhp which is correct (or PS) I have noticed this with a few facelift models being advertised as 360 bhp. I thought they were mistakes by the traders but on the valuation checks etc they do still come up as 360bhp. The bodies and year of manufacture are facelift but not the bhp? Can anyone explain this. Thanks in advance, Dave

·
Registered
200 Posts
Hello all, probably a dumb question. I am looking to buy a facelift A45 AMG, maybe tomorrow. It is important I get a face lift model. I currrently have 2 options both 66 plates. One of them, the slightly newer one is coming up as '360 bhp' in the traders advert and online checks, the other one comes up with 381 bhp which is correct (or PS) I have noticed this with a few facelift models being advertised as 360 bhp. I thought they were mistakes by the traders but on the valuation checks etc they do still come up as 360bhp. The bodies and year of manufacture are facelift but not the bhp? Can anyone explain this. Thanks in advance, Dave
H Dave I have a 2018 March A45 for sale 33k miles Dms 2020 mapping 440bhp ams airfilter new brakes pads and disc fitted at Mercedes ar 31,000 miles £1250 to fit at mercedes
Will blow it out for £29900 can supply finance with the car also
brand new new ps4s Michelin let me know if any use Dave

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks a very nice car but a bit out of my price range. I also have an Audi S5 I need to part ex also. Cheers

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Facelift A45 is definitely 280kW, which is 381PS, or 376bhp.

Pre-facelift was 360PS, 355bhp, 265kW.

You are right to go for a facelift model, just check for the Reverse Gear “crunch” fault on cold startup, when the ambient temp is below 12degC.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers, it is strange how the online checks get the bhp wrong on some. Will look out for that, have you any other things to look out for? The car I am looking at has done about 42k. thanks

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
That’s about it to be honest, some people develop a misfire at high rpm, mine had the usual interior rattles and creaks, but on the whole, very reliable and trouble free for 29k miles I had mine. Oh, 4 wheel alignment regularly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts