Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,

I have orderded my A180d in Progressive Line (not quite sure how they call it in UK, i think its the Sport model). I'd like to change the front bumper with AMG Line's one. But i dont know if its possible.

The current front bumper is this one,

·
Registered
10 Posts
It's cheaper to just order the car with amg line trim, than to retrofit new oem front- and rear bumper and sideskirts... As a bonus you get a nicer interior also.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's cheaper to just order the car with amg line trim, than to retrofit new oem front- and rear bumper and sideskirts... As a bonus you get a nicer interior also.
It's too late now. I chose the Advantage package, Full-Digital dashboard, Sunroof instead of AMG Line. Apparently, i'd like to change the front bumper for now.

·
Registered
10 Posts
It's too late now. I chose the Advantage package, Full-Digital dashboard, Sunroof instead of AMG Line. Apparently, i'd like to change the front bumper for now.
It's probably going to cost between 1000-2000€ to get bumper with grill 😕

·
Registered
434 Posts
Ouch. That really hurts then..
Look for breaker cars that have no front or rear damage. Might save a few quick on buying a used bumper. It's the cheapest approach.

Reactions: Channie

·
Registered
99 Posts
At least here in my country I see a ton of front bumpers but all are for the stock bumper, not a single one for AMG line.

But besides the front bumper is anything else required, like other screws, other plastic parts, other parts in general or is a simple swap?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Look for breaker cars that have no front or rear damage. Might save a few quick on buying a used bumper. It's the cheapest approach.
That was a good idea. I found a few parts. I'll ask for the price today.

At least here in my country I see a ton of front bumpers but all are for the stock bumper, not a single one for AMG line.

But besides the front bumper is anything else required, like other screws, other plastic parts, other parts in general or is a simple swap?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The trunk is the same. I think it will fit. But i'm not sure about the sensors.

·
Registered
434 Posts
That was a good idea. I found a few parts. I'll ask for the price today.

The trunk is the same. I think it will fit. But i'm not sure about the sensors.
Sensors are the same, only different positioning. Might wanna recalibrate them after the bumper swap. Front-bumper has a different placement for AMG and business-line.

Reactions: Channie

·
Registered
8 Posts
hi
I've done research on it and it's possible. amg front and rear bumper in my country around 1500 euro :(( very expensive.
but I'm thinking of taking it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
hi
I've done research on it and it's possible. amg front and rear bumper in my country around 1500 euro :(( very expensive.
but I'm thinking of taking it.
Yeah, sounds reasonable. 1500€ with the grill included in the price? Definitely changes the car in a good way, so if the money isn't the issue i'd go for that.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Then you just need the sportsseats, AMG sideskirts, 18” AMG alloys, AMG mats, branded brake pads, red stitching on interior, steering wheel and lowered suspension. 🤣 Then you are close to the AMG line package.

But on a serious note, the front bumper will add a lot. I wonder if it actually comes with the diamond grill or just without.
Also take painting into consideration. Don’t know you can order a part in a specific colour or they just deliver them primed.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Then you just need the sportsseats, AMG sideskirts, 18” AMG alloys, AMG mats, branded brake pads, red stitching on interior, steering wheel and lowered suspension. 🤣 Then you are close to the AMG line package.

But on a serious note, the front bumper will add a lot. I wonder if it actually comes with the diamond grill or just without.
Also take painting into consideration. Don’t know you can order a part in a specific colour or they just deliver them primed.
Let's be realistic. It will never be AMG Line. But changing the exterior with amg's line bumpers, sideskirts and diamond grill it's a nice touch to the car! Much more sport looking in my opinion. I like the interior already so I dont really mind.

Going for extras in my country it's very different. You almost pay the double price for any extra because of the taxes. So I decided to go for Advantage package, Sunroof, All-Digital monitors and Ambient lighting. AMG Line would cost about 3,500€ extra.

Also i'm thinking about painting the rims to Black since the car is white color with black sunroof.. They're 17" but i was thinking to paint them like the 19" AMG wheels. Hopefully i wont make the car looks worse with my changes lol.

·
Registered
61 Posts
AMG line package is €6000 here with taxes 🤣🤣 A200 with Premium (not plus - so no sunroof or electric seats) and AMG Line package is about €60.000 (before any discounts)

·
Registered
61 Posts
I’m in Denmark.
A Tesla 3 Performabce is about €70.000 add another 9.000 for selfdriving.
You can also get a base model A-class for around 39.000. (180 manual) and the AMG 45S starts at €130.000 without any options....
If the prices seem crazy high then yes. Denmark have a very high car tax. But on the other hand the salaries are also high.

Also, take into consideration that Tesla doesn’t do discounts. But it’s easier with other brands. 10% on a new MB should be possible (if you don’t the get base version) And the €60.000 A200 with AMG and Premium packs could be €48.000 if you get it as a slightly used dealers car.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts