Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
I looked in the parts app someone helped and installed on my laptop and it seems there are more parts to swap, is not only the front bumper.

Now I believe you need a different grille, also a different plastic shield, behind the shield there is an impact bar and so on...
All are diferent for the AMG line (772 code) compared with stock non AMG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
173 Posts
Aww - really? I honestly just thought it was an outer kit. Can’t believe the impact bar is different based on what line the car is? That seems like it should be a basic internal part of the car. Also production costs would be much lower if they keep as many parts identical as possible.

Btw: what can this parts program do? Can you also get workshop guides in it?

I’m looking to change part 90 in your picture to the green/yellow from the Edition 1 models - but would like to know how much work it is to get to it. Same goes for the trim on the back bumper.

·
Registered
MB A250 4M W177
261 Posts
Oh shi..its denmark flag xd sorry :)
Dont u have some discounts from gov or other staff after buying electric car?

·
Registered
173 Posts
No. Not at the moment I think. The ones that exist are already calculated in on the price. The base model 3 is around €50.000k

·
Registered
MB A250 4M W177
261 Posts
Within 5y, if I will have another car ( this will be sold within weeks/months ), will buy electric :) But tesla's now are ble :D

·
Registered
127 Posts
I will do my best and compile a list of everything (hope not to miss anything...) that is required to upgrade from non AMG to AMG front bumper and also for the back bumper.
Their app is not very friendly to use...

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
You can bet I was dissapointed also...

I've watched some videos over YT with w176 and they installed A45 bodykit. So i hope it's possible for the w177 with less effort.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Ok, I need some people with exterior AMG line (A160/A180/A200/A220 and A250) to help me with this. Dont need for now A35 and A45 info.

I need the VIN code so I can check in EPC (electronic parts catalog) and see what parts are required for the upgrade.

If you want to help then send this data to me in PM, not going to use for anything else than compile a list of the parts required to replace the entire front bumber and the back bumper.

Also if possible you should let me know (just to confirm) the country, it seems that the license plate support/holder is different for japan, us, switzerland, etc. compared to other countries in europe.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Thanks, tried with your vin but it seems the app is maybe a bit old and it doesnt have your vin. Maybe I should restrict my searches for cars in 2018 as a production date only, not sure.

I can get some options for your car, but I get multiple options for same parts, for example the front bumper comes like in 6 variants, and because is not properly identifying your car I get all those versions offered.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·

·
Registered
127 Posts
Is this any good?

Yes, is better I think to get as much as a front face you can, this includes front bumper, left and right ornaments, grille, plate number support, maybe screws, etc.

But this still not enough, you also need the plastic shield under it, impact absorber (this seems to be just an over-expensive black polystyren foam) and other plastic parts that helps to secure/mount the “full” front face you buy from ebay (which is obviously not exactly full).

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
So I found the full OEM AMG package in a bodykit store for 1700€. They said there wont be any issues installing this for non amg models!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Apparently only physical store :(

I'll visit them again this weekend i'll can get some Pictures if you want to!

Front,Back bumpers, grille, sideskirts, wing, exhaust bottles. Everything OEM

·
Registered
127 Posts
I understand but you said nothing about the plastic shield and impact absorber and other plastic parts/screws which might be different.

Can you ask them for a list of all parts required so I can compare with what I have?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
I understand but you said nothing about the plastic shield and impact absorber and other plastic parts/screws which might be different.

Can you ask them for a list of all parts required so I can compare with what I have?

They said they installed AMG's bodykit to a few stock cars. I'll definitely ask them about the plastic parts/screws and impact absorber !

21 - 40 of 45 Posts