Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Found this picture online... some parts under the front bumper which are supposed to be changed as well (at least this is what I think).

Upgrading should also take in consideration some aspects like:
  • code 501 (if the car has 360 degrees camera)
  • code 235 (if the car has Active Park Assist (Parktronic) fitted)
Those two options are going to change the part number for the front bumper, but even if a non AMG car doesnt have those it can still fit a AMG bumper with the sensors, but those wont work or must use a dummy replacer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone. i am driving W177 progressive model, and i am thinking of changing my front bumper to the AMG line bumper. Are there any updates with regards to the posts? Would really appreciate the findings!

Also, i am particularly concerned about the placement of the sensors. Would they fit? Or do i need to order an AMG line wire harness kit for the sensors?

As you can see, the front parking sensors placement are in different locations.

Do you all have any issues with sensor cable length when u change from non- amg bumper to the AMG line bumpers?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Nexus

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
@NetNexus due the cost I haven't changed the bumpers yet. I'm still struggling to decide if i should go for OEM or non-original parts. I asked the the dealer and he said parking sensors will be fine. There's a chance that you will need a new Ac cable for the sensor behind the MB logo because the current one might be not long enough.

·
Registered
2 Posts
@NetNexus due the cost I haven't changed the bumpers yet. I'm still struggling to decide if i should go for OEM or non-original parts. I asked the the dealer and he said parking sensors will be fine. There's a chance that you will need a new Ac cable for the sensor behind the MB logo because the current one might be not long enough.
@Channie , i think if you have the chance, you definitely should! it totally gives a different outlook to the whole car, and not to mention that there are more things u can do with it. (ie, adding A35 aero pack and so on..)

One of the W177 AMG line member here in my country upgraded his front bumper to the A45s bumper, so i will be taking over his original AMG line bumper.

Glad to know that the parking sensors will be fine.
With regards to the AC cable, do u have any pictures which shows which cable it is?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
@Channie , i think if you have the chance, you definitely should! it totally gives a different outlook to the whole car, and not to mention that there are more things u can do with it. (ie, adding A35 aero pack and so on..)

One of the W177 AMG line member here in my country upgraded his front bumper to the A45s bumper, so i will be taking over his original AMG line bumper.

Glad to know that the parking sensors will be fine.
With regards to the AC cable, do u have any pictures which shows which cable it is?
Apparently i don't have a photo neither I know where exactly it's located. I asked some guys in my country who did the bumpers swap successfully and only one of them had this problem. The rest of the guys that I asked they only had to buy a extra mask which is located underneath of the car. Should be this one, if i remember correctly.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts