Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Been looking into what comes standard with the both models. A250 AMG and A250 Engineered by AMG...

At this moment it seems that the only difference is the exterior and interior kit and you can go for the diesel in AMG I believe whereas you only have an option for petrol on the Engineered.

Is it worth to pay the extra just for the body kit? It does not make it look any different besides the noticeable front grill. Apologies if I am wrong

The AMG is like 26k where as Engineered is 28k..... Both seem to be same engines...

So before I finalize the car with the dealer which istomorrow I just wanted some advise off you guys as most of you here own if not had someexperiencewithan A class.

What would yourecommend and why? and can I add the black gloss finished wing mirrors on a A250 engineered? or is it best to just go for the AMG?

Looking forward to everyones answers.

Thanks in advanced

·
Registered
373 Posts
Hi Maj. I answered your questions about the differences on your last thread, and about the night pack too(black wing mirrors)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,

Yes and really appreciate it. I want the night package on the engineered but from what I have been told that is not even a option for the engineered. I have asked dealers that I would like just the black gloss wing mirrors lol so he is currently finding out for me if I am able to do this.

I have seen a few on pictures and they look really nice so just wondering on how to go about this option

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
I went for the a250 amg with night pack over the engineered as I preferred the interior and front grill, I don't regret it one bit. The car looks and drives great so its down to personal choice.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What do you guys think of the drive of the amg 250 and if anyone has the engineered what is the drive like for this?

I am awaiting on the dealers to organize a test drive for me in the engineered on Friday

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
the 250 has a beautiful engine, quick & responsive and not too bad on fuel. the 7 speed gearbox is great around town. I can't see the daily drive being much different between the 2 cars to be honest, I think the difference will only show on the track.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Hi .. the engineered has a different suspension set up than the AMG sport plus the exhaust note is tuned for a sportier sound...

I must admit I liked the night pack as I originally wanted the black belt line strips rather than chrome plus like the black wheels..

I tried to change these on the engineered but basically told 'computer says no' .. the night pack isn't an option on the engineered. The pack includes the LED running lights & darkened rear windows which are already standard on the engineered.. so really the engineered is only around 1k more given the price of the night pack..

For me this car is well worth the extra 1k .. drives like a dream and handles very well with the AMG tweaked suspension, wider tyres and not run flats as you get with the AMG sport.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
109 Posts
If its just the black mirrirs you want, why not get a vinyl wrap put on them? I reckon thats what ill do with mine in time, vinyl wrap on the roof and mirrors.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
377 Posts
or just order the car in black of course :)

vinyl roof is a bit 70's isn't it Jim? :)

·
Registered
109 Posts
kevybabes said:
or just order the car in black of course :)

vinyl roof is a bit 70's isn't it Jim? :)
Its not actually vinyl but...... ah.....I here ya bro! Haha.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Majad Ali said:
Thanks for your posts. Must admit I have not heard about the vinyl wraps and will defo look into it
Either pay someone to do it or, like I will, DIY!!!!

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
I'm doing the roof of mine as soon as the weather pics up

·
Registered
109 Posts
Do the Wrap yourself Reza, save some pennies!

·
Registered
373 Posts
im very handy with car related things but i want it done to as high a standard as poss Jim.

I'll be there watching them like a hawk as i dont want any knife marks, any trim damaged/poorly refitted etc etc ... Also dont want anyone wearing anything with zips,buttons, buckles etc leaning over the car to get to the roof.

·
Registered
109 Posts
mon2s said:
DIY on a £30k car sounds like madness to me.
Would you not do DIY in a 250,000 house?

Its easy, just like tinting windows!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts