Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

Registered
It definitely does. I am on 4.3k miles now and notice it getting louder with every 1000 miles. The dealership did say that the new filters they put on the exhausts wear down over time so the exhaust gets louder.

Lol how did you think of that 馃ぃ I'm going to give it a go. I've booked mine in for a middle pipe in 2 weeks. Had a look underneath the car and going to remove the back box, and a silencer box which was in the middle. Also apparently, the OPF and the cat are together in the downpipe so you can't remove one without removing the other @Irish boy
Yeah milltek will have the front downpipe pipe catless and front pipe ready end of the month going to change them on the car everybody is 1k exhaust for downpipe alone some of you want the sports cats can cost nearly 2k

Registered
My mate has done a turbo back exhaust on his a35 and it sounds insane. It was so loud he had to put a silencer box on it after lol. He got it mapped by MSL. I鈥檒l get some vids if you want

Registered
I have turned to -30 db, ie off, all the AMG sound in each sub menu where it appears. But there is then a "master menu" which I need to turn off and haven't yet. I would have to go back to my car to work out where it is to be able to explain it but you will find it if you go through each sub menu in turn.

Registered
Discussion Starter #48 (Edited)
No mate, our cars don't get OPF fitted at this stage, that's why just deleting the resonator made such a difference in the sound. Just with spending $200 it sounds much better even in Comfort mode, pops and bangs are insanely loud in S+ & R modes, also nice exhaust notes throughout. I don't think putting an aftermarket exhaust would make any difference unless you delete the catalytic convereter and put straight pipe but that would definitely void the factory warranty. In my collection, I got 2019 AMG C63S, 2013 C63 Edition 507 & 2008 SL65 Black S for better sounding machines :)
I am hoping ours don't get the OPF/GPF filter as well. But it's not clear if we do or don't. I have the spec sheet for our country specification and on page 3 it says our cars are EU6 compliant and some ECE compliance for noise. I test drove the car last week, and it was pretty loud in S+ on upshifts. We don't get the exhaust button here.

Appreciate if you could help run a VIN decode on your Aussie spec car on this URL to see if yours has the following 2 codes highlighted in yellow as well? Free online Mercedes-Benz VIN Decoder : MBDecoder

Registered
I have turned to -30 db, ie off, all the AMG sound in each sub menu where it appears. But there is then a "master menu" which I need to turn off and haven't yet. I would have to go back to my car to work out where it is to be able to explain it but you will find it if you go through each sub menu in turn.
everything with AMG on it. I turned the lot down as far as possible. Think there is about 5 different ones
So the only settings I changed where under the 鈥楢udio鈥 section. I couldn鈥檛 find AMG_RACING anywhere else. These are the settings I changed.

ComfortVolumeActivationState: AMG_RACING

Original: ON
Changed to: OFF

ComfortVolumeMax: AMG_RACING

Original: 0dB
Changed to: -30dB

ComfortVolumeMin: AMG_RACING

Original: 0dB
Changed to: -11dB (doesn鈥檛 let me change to -30dB)

Damping: AMG_RACING

Original: 45dB
Changed to: 0dB

VolumeSeparation: AMG_RACING

Original: 12dB
Changed to: 0dB

@Forrester @steve_3939

Registered
That should be it. How does it sound like.

Registered
I agree and have done the same. I just haven鈥檛 turned the 鈥渕aster鈥 AMG sound off as I am getting quite a fix from the machine gun rasp at 6000 rpm.
By 鈥渕aster鈥 do you mean the first submenu with AMG_RACING? The one with the On or Off switch?

Not had the chance to drive it yet. Weather isn鈥檛 great today so probs won鈥檛 take it out. Have you done any testing to see what each of them individual settings are?

Registered
ComfortVolumeActivationState: AMG_RACING

Original: ON
Changed to: OFF
It's this last bit I haven't yet dared do but will. I just wasn't sure what it would do at the time. I think my exhaust is getting louder anyway and keep getting the machine gun sound at 6K which I can't bring myself to snuff out of the cabin as it must be real at the exhaust.

I think @Irish boy has played around with the settings individually and hopefully he will input.

Registered
It's this last bit I haven't yet dared do but will. I just wasn't sure what it would do at the time. I think my exhaust is getting louder anyway and keep getting the machine gun sound at 6K which I can't bring myself to snuff out of the cabin as it must be real at the exhaust.

I think @Irish boy has played around with the settings individually and hopefully he will input.
Irish Boy doesn鈥檛 give a sh1t

Registered

Registered

Everything is turned off
What made me buy a A45 was the sound outside not inside if I want false sound is go to MEdium wave frequency on the radio turn the volume up and it copy鈥檚 the sound of the rev of the engine and what ever gear u are in and it鈥檚 free in your car which was great back in the 90s

what I am waiting for is milltek to get the downpipe front finished so I can get for the car ASAP
Once that鈥檚 on the cars it will completely change the drive of the car
But with this map I have in DMS need to spend time on the burbles and bangs as mine hasn鈥檛 made any sounds on lift off since mapped still have bangs in gear change
When
U spend 拢50k on a hatchback car you are allowed to do whatever you want with it

Registered
Irish Boy doesn鈥檛 give a sh1t
Not often your wrong Steve but your right this time 馃憣馃徏
I bought a draggy were does yous boys buy them on the car I put mine on the dash it seems terrible to get a road for it to get a legit 0-60 always says wrong pitch anybody help

Registered
Not often your wrong Steve but your right this time 馃憣馃徏
I bought a draggy were does yous boys buy them on the car I put mine on the dash it seems terrible to get a road for it to get a legit 0-60 always says wrong pitch anybody help
the magnet is just strong enough to hold the box on the meshy bit on too of the dash. Never had wrong pitch before. Maybe try pairing it with satellites outside the car first before placing it on dash.
knowing you though your probably going round in circles in drift mode and it flies off 馃槀馃槀

Registered
Took it out for a blast. I didn鈥檛 notice much difference at first ... i could tell the sound wasn鈥檛 as loud at lower revs than before. Then i rolled down my windows and realised for the first time i can hear the engine from outside the car and not inside 馃槀 still sounds deadly after 5000 rpm. I鈥檓 excited to see what my catback exhaust is going to do to the sound - hopefully it will be louder below 5000 rpm.

Registered
Took it out for a blast. I didn鈥檛 notice much difference at first ... i could tell the sound wasn鈥檛 as loud at lower revs than before. Then i rolled down my windows and realised for the first time i can hear the engine from outside the car and not inside 馃槀 still sounds deadly after 5000 rpm. I鈥檓 excited to see what my catback exhaust is going to do to the sound - hopefully it will be louder below 5000 rpm.
Fabulous result (y)

41 - 59 of 59 Posts