Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw someone that somehow programmed (I guess it’s coded) the AMG sport speedometer in his non-AMG model (it only had the AMG package), but I’ve been stupid and did not ask how he did that and never saw the guy again ?

does anyone have any clue about how this is possible?

·
Registered
1 Posts
It's done by coding, thats all I know.
I would love to have this too.
Isaw a different post that it's even possible in a Vito.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I suppose this was done via reverse engineering and coding via OBD2 with certain tools that I guess are not available for all. Not to mention that this may void warranty.
Perhaps MERCEDES could released this as an paid app (ex. AMG speedometer) via MB Store in the future for non-AMG cars.

·
Registered
12 Posts
the only thing that I really wanted is that track pace there, I don't understand why we don't get it in the UK :(

·
Registered
94 Posts
This would be epic to get coded in our cars!! The AMG drivers display really changes the driving experience.

If anyone else on this forum knows a coder who can do this please share!

·
Registered
434 Posts
Sadly no clue on how one manages to do this. I have heard remours about that its possible and that all MBUX-systems non-amg and amg are the same.
However I only spoke to a guy who enabled the AMG-menu on his VITO. He explained the whole process, but its not child-friendly as in it requires programming skill.

Don't think that he figured out a way to enable the AMG speedometer. So I guess its a dead-end atm :/

·
Registered
47 Posts
Same here would like to have extras like this. Still one year warranty to go, so hopefully by then it is possible. I am sure more will become a available once people don't have to worry about the warranty anymore.

·
Registered
78 Posts
MBUX is written in QT by MBITION (100% subsidiary of the Daimler AG) so I guess the guys there would know more!

The only way I see it, is if these Speedometers and display add-ons are made available for a price at MB-Store (available in cars after FU2)

·
Registered
94 Posts
The only way I see it, is if these Speedometers and display add-ons are made available for a price at MB-Store (available in cars after FU2)
I contacted Mercedes directly if they are able to add it to non-AMG models, and their response was that it will never be available for non-AMG models directly from them as they want to keep it exclusive for the AMG models. Not even at a cost!

So we need to find some aftermarket programmer to do this as MB won't ever do it!!

·
Registered
78 Posts
I contacted Mercedes directly if they are able to add it to non-AMG models, and their response was that it will never be available for non-AMG models directly from them as they want to keep it exclusive for the AMG models. Not even at a cost!

So we need to find some aftermarket programmer to do this as MB won't ever do it!!
FYI

In the last paragraph it says ""Auch optische Anpassungen werden künftig möglich sein. Wer für den digitalen Tacho seiner A-Klasse also lieber das AMG-Design hätte, der kann diese Ansicht künftig gegen Bezahlung im fahrzeugeigenen Online-Shop freischalten" which translates as

"Optical adjustments will also be possible in the future. Those who would rather have the AMG design for the digital speedometer in their A-Class can now activate this view for a fee in the vehicle's online shop."

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

They made it work! If you look at the end of the second video you’ll see the amg speedometer aswell

·
Registered
603 Posts

They made it work! If you look at the end of the second video you’ll see the amg speedometer aswell
They do seem to have achieved it but I can't see a reference to it on their website. However, although I'm all for finding someone who can get us into the MBUX so that we can make changes that MB have blocked, such as having an AMG dash or for me it would be being able to disable Active Lane Keeping Assist so that I don't need to do this every time I get in the car, I did note that this company mainly sell software that enables you to change the ODO meter and even crash sensors to mask a cars history. I'm defiantly very unhappy with anything of this kind so perhaps they should be avoided.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Actually all of these are known code-hacks using SD interfaces and HU6 coding software. I wouldnt dare to try this to my car and possibly void my Mercedes Warranty.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Actually all of these are known code-hacks using SD interfaces and HU6 coding software. I wouldnt dare to try this to my car and possibly void my Mercedes Warranty.
These aren't hacks. They are just enabling them using ASRA/STARS which is the official Mercedes programing tool. Only problem is when it's getting main-stream, cause then you're getting a OBD2-dongle which activates it for you. Giving you no insight in what is happening.

·
Registered
78 Posts
These aren't hacks. They are just enabling them using ASRA/STARS which is the official Mercedes programing tool. Only problem is when it's getting main-stream, cause then you're getting a OBD2-dongle which activates it for you. Giving you no insight in what is happening.
There is no OBD2 Dongle as you may have seen on previous models. This is done with SD device supporting DOIP protocol and SMRD coding on HU6 since you are referring to the new models. I will still call it hacks that void warranty, even if a dongle will be out or anything, or if the car goes to dealer for an update.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts