Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My clutch started creaking yesterday and now every time I press or release it, it sounds like I'm standing on a small animals tail, the noise out of it. Looks like I'll have to take a trip to my dealer on Saturday to tell them to sort it.

·
Registered
352 Posts
same same - only done 1700 miles

·
Registered
352 Posts
just tried spraying a bit of white lithium grease around the moving part of the pedal but hasn't made any difference and it's very tight to see where to spray - MB job methinks

·
Registered
34 Posts
Not good news I'm afraid. When mine was in the other week I asked them to take a look and they said it was the slave cylinder that was faulty and needs replacing. 2 week order and a 2 day job to fit it
Sounds like it is going to be a common problem.

I haven't heard back from the dealership so I guess they never ordered the part (not for the first time) so I've given up with them and will take it to another dealer.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi

I've had my A200 Sport for 3 weeks and during the first week it developed a creak from the clutch pedal. I took it to a MB dealer to sort the problem but they were unable to do anything other than lubricate the area but nothing has changed. They said MB had no fix for it yet which I felt was very poor. Taking it to another dealer to try and get it sorted. Will let you know the outcome.

·
Registered
352 Posts
just driven mine for first time in three days since lubricating the pedals bits and the creaking has now stopped.

Used WHITE LITHIUM SPRAY around the moving parts of the pedal and have left it for a couple of days so might be lucky

Edited by: TerryA213

·
Registered
80 Posts
Took mine in today, garage aware of issue, tracked it down to a clutch return spring (?) and lubricated it for me.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Mercedes coming to pick up my car on Tuesday. Fingers crossed its nothing too serious. Will let you know once I get it back what the problem was.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi, Well I finally got the creak fixed. It was the spring attached to the clutch pedal as first thought so have had it replaced. It now no longer creaks :)

·
Registered
104 Posts
My clutch on occasion makes what I can only describe as a 'rotation' noise when pedal pressed fully down, doesn't happen all the time, but loud enough to hear over the radio! Trying to suss it out if it only does it when its cold?? only 3,500 mile done! maybe I need to visit MB....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Read this thread before I picked up my car.

Not sure if that was a good or bad thing.

Definitely noticed a noise though but thought perhaps I was being paranoid having seen this thread. My fiancee was then driving it today (day 2) and mentioned it to me without me previously telling her. So it will getting left in as it is very off putting.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Matty_W said:
Hi, Well I finally got the creak fixed. It was the spring attached to the clutch pedal as first thought so have had it replaced. It now no longer creaks :)
he says it was replaced ?

I just sprayed mine with WD40 and it creaked for about a day after but has now been ok for over three months

·
Registered
581 Posts
This happened to my Sprinter so like Terry I used some lubricant ans it stopped. But if it were to affect a Merc car I'd take it to the garage because of the principal that their cars should be too refined for that to happen.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts