Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys and gals,

Ordered a Cirrus White AMG Sport in late October and am due to collect the car two weeks on Monday!

The wait has been horrific, but I cannot wait to get my hands on my new car now.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Hi and welcome!

That's a LONG wait! You car is due the same week as mine then. Woohoo!

·
Registered
318 Posts
Hi Merc'd you've ordered same as me but I ordered early November and have to wait until end of April for mine! Hope you get yours soon and enjoy!!,

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks both!

That is unlucky Anzz, you probably only ordered a week or two after me and have an extra 5-6 weeks to wait.

I often find that dealerships are quite conservative on lead times though and will often try and exceed expectations. By making you think you have to wait longer, they have a buffer for delays whilst also make you feel like a kid on Xmas morning if they get it to you sooner!

·
Registered
318 Posts
Hi Merc'd

I'm hoping that's the case but with my luck it'll go the other way!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The conversation appears a bit slow on the boards!

So if anybody that has received their new a class is reading, maybe you could provide us with a little insight as to how user friendly the controls are.

Last time I had a new car, it took me a few weeks to figure out the radio, media system etc. How does the A class compare? I've never had this many buttons on a steering wheel/dashboard before.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I'll take that one! Not bad once you get your head around the stereo, for me the air con etc control are a tad low and blocked by the gear stick, wheel controls are great, hope that helps!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So in an attempt to appease my impatience, I popped down to the local Mercedes dealership on my lunchbreak to have a look and sit in one of the demonstration cars.

Except it had the complete opposite effect - I now cannot wait to get my hands on my car.

12 days and counting...

·
Registered
318 Posts
Hi Merc'dI did exactly the same thing 3 or 4 weeks ago and wish I hadn't!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have just taken delivery of my Cirrus White AMG Sport! To say I am excited is an understatement. Annoyingly, it is now parked in the car park, and I must wait 5 hours until I can take it for a real spin!!

·
Registered
318 Posts
Congrats Merc'd! Look forward to seeing some pics as mine should look similar when I eventually get it. They still say 22nd April for me so far

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Wonderful for you! Let us jealous, still waiting people know all about your first real drive. It is like having the crumbs of the cake, ha, ha. But better than nothing. Enjoy your fabulous new car, Merc'd. Will wait for all the info and photos!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank you for the congratulatory messages!

It's probably a little early to give a detailed review of the car, but a few points to note:

- This car is a nice little boost to the ego, my neighbours/colleagues that have seen mine, love it. But driving around, you can see people glancing with admiration/envy in their eyes.

- Visibility isn't great out of the back, and the reversing camera is worth getting. It'll take a little more time to trust fully, but it lines up perfect!

- It's nowhere near as firm as reviews lead you to believe (although I say that as an ex-mini cooper driver)...

- Handbrake (or lack thereof)! There is something comforting about pulling up a handbrake to know it's engaged. The flick of a switch doesn't give the same security, buti'll adapt too that!

So many functions to learn, adjust and benefit from!!

I will try and post a few pics once this random snow disappears, as it makes the cirrus white paintwork look a little mucky!

What a car! May your orders hurry up, so you can experienceit yourselves and allow us all to share experiences/tips!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts