Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! Is there any other A250e owner here? The only disappointment I had was that it wasn’t equipped with the DC quick charger socket, which would allow to charge it in 30mins, whereas on the manual/websites they show it as available. Have yours got the full DC socket?

thanks!

·
Registered
MB A250 4M W177
261 Posts
Check this, talk to him his from USA:)

·
Registered
A250e
36 Posts
Hi, ours got delivered today. Beautiful machine in M grey! Once I go through the cable, I will let you know. Quick question, off topic, does yours make an external beeping noise when you are reversing(like a lorry but softer)?

·
Registered
A250e
36 Posts
Been taking it for a run today, drained the batter (lol) - it is super nippy and the acceleration is awesome!
On charging sockets, how many were you given? I got two, 3 pin wall plug and a Type 2 by looks of it.
Also, under the driving modes, Eco mode is greyed out for me. Is that the case for you? Know why?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks Stef. Had mine delivered on Friday and that was confusing me as well. It doesn’t say anywhere that UK version doesn’t support DC charging ☹

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi
It looks like the UK version only supports AC charging up to 7.5kw. I noticed yesterday the A Class brochure online has been re written and now mentions it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The DC charging thing is quite annoying, though. As on all the brochures/websites I looked at, DC was mentioned. Or did I make that up?

·
Registered
5 Posts
The DC charging thing is quite annoying, though. As on all the brochures/websites I looked at, DC was mentioned. Or did I make that up?
Agree. I was sold on the idea that recharge could be 25 mins. I also remember something on TV explaining rapid charging on all Hybrid and EV’s

·
Registered
A250e
36 Posts
What do you guys do for cable storage? We didn't get any storage/bag with the car, so just bought bags to hook on to either side of the boot hooks (rather than a crate).

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've had an a250e since March and was also surprised that it didn't have the DC charging, the dealer wasn't sure why but hadn't expected it to. I got an unbranded bag for each of the two cables with the car and a great tutorial when I picked it up at Merc in Stevenage. The bags clip inside the boot and don't move about too much.

Thanks to only doing shorter trips during lockdown I've put in about £30 in petrol since March and driven over 1000 miles. My favourite trip is to our local National Trust property which gives you free EV charging from their solar farm.

·
Registered
A250e
36 Posts
is there any change to use CCS adapter from Tesla?🤔
No - last I was told is that the brochure shows its charge speeds (7kw). I have submitted another question about it via the app - I think if a couple of us ask about it we could get some traction?

·
Registered
360 Posts
I doubt it - I would be surprised if the DC cabling has been installed to allow CCS to work (regardless of the charging port cover). Retrofitting in the future would likely to be difficult unless you can get access to the software needed for the BMS and DC charger.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello everyone! Is there any other A250e owner here? The only disappointment I had was that it wasn’t equipped with the DC quick charger socket, which would allow to charge it in 30mins, whereas on the manual/websites they show it as available. Have yours got the full DC socket?

thanks!
Glad I’m not the only one puzzled by this! Ordered it over a 330e because of the 6% BIK better EV range and DC charging. I can find loads of articles saying “10%-80% battery in 25 mins”. But Mercedes uk brochure doesn’t say it anymore (thought I was going mad!) but on their international website it says it does?! Feel like I was signing up to fibre broadband but getting 56k! Taking it up with Mercedes so I’ll let you know how I get on!

·
Registered
360 Posts
Glad I’m not the only one puzzled by this! Ordered it over a 330e because of the 6% BIK better EV range and DC charging. I can find loads of articles saying “10%-80% battery in 25 mins”. But Mercedes uk brochure doesn’t say it anymore (thought I was going mad!) but on their international website it says it does?! Feel like I was signing up to fibre broadband but getting 56k! Taking it up with Mercedes so I’ll let you know how I get on!
The UK brochure states 7.4kw then in the small print it says only from a 3 phase supply! DC charging is an option in some markets but not the UK. I think you will be wasting your time with Mercedes - they will just check the brochure and repeat what I have said, unfortunately.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The UK brochure states 7.4kw then in the small print it says only from a 3 phase supply! DC charging is an option in some markets but not the UK. I think you will be wasting your time with Mercedes - they will just check the brochure and repeat what I have said, unfortunately.
Yes, noticed they’ve changed the brochure so rummaging through the internet to find one from jan when I placed my order! Not having much luck!

1 - 20 of 69 Posts