Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
2020 A250e
28 Posts
Hi all. I managed to get a DC-charging set installed in the car. But I have read a few articles that you shouldn't use DC much, and that there is a high risk of damaging the battery. Can this be true? Strange that MB would sell something that can damage a key component of the car. Any solid info?
Hope you are all having a great Christmas/festive season!
john

·
Registered
362 Posts
Hi all. I managed to get a DC-charging set installed in the car. But I have read a few articles that you shouldn't use DC much, and that there is a high risk of damaging the battery. Can this be true? Strange that MB would sell something that can damage a key component of the car. Any solid info?
john
If you DC charge it every day, then it will likely cause the battery to have a shorter lifespan. Using it a few times a week will be fine.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
john
John, if I may ask: how much did it cost to install the DC charger, please?
Thanks!

·
Registered
2020 A250e
28 Posts
Ooft 1200 for some plastic trim and a sure way to fry your battery. Not for me thanks.
Don't forget the software!!! :D I admit I was a bit dumbfounded by the cost for some software, but these days I feel happy that MB doesn't charge me for the air in my tyres. (Still love the car tho)
Do you have a reputable source on the battery risks? I have heard that it's okay with occasional use (don't have the ability to charge at home yet, and four hour charging elsewhere is a bit hard to organise these days)

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just got my A250e Amg (not executive or premium). Can't seem to find ambient lighting. Does it not have it? It doesn't have any lighting inside. Thanks.

·
Registered
2020 A250e
28 Posts
Sorry to say, but if you didn't pay the extra for the lighting then you don't get it. Not included in the lighting package. Optional extra

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yes it does! Nothing to worry about it ;)
Yes and if you don’t want to you can go to the MBUX screen select setting and in there you can look to switch off the reversing sound. It is used only to alert surrounding people / bikers etc that you are reversing.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Mine originally said mid April, and then that changed to early April. So, I'm expecting a phone call this week

·
Registered
2021 A250e Saloon
4 Posts
Loving it so far...but tried charging at a bp chargemaster and failed 😅
I don't want I'm doing. Think I need to get the subscription.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Loving it so far...but tried charging at a bp chargemaster and failed 😅
I don't want I'm doing. Think I need to get the subscription.
Hi Junaed. No need to get the subscription. I just downloaded the ‘bp pulse’ app and topped up the credit £10 or any amount you wish. I have used it at Asda (Polar charge station) and other places too.

·
Registered
2021 A250e Saloon
4 Posts
Hi Junaed. No need to get the subscription. I just downloaded the ‘bp pulse’ app and topped up the credit £10 or any amount you wish. I have used it at Asda (Polar charge station) and other places too.
Ah thank you! I had £0 in the app so will try again.
It's like being 16 again and trying to fill up at the petrol station for the first time haha.

41 - 60 of 69 Posts