Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone got any of the following options fitted below? If so what are your thoughts? Worth the money or not? etc

Command Online
Intelligent Light Pack
Luxury Climate Control
Lumbar Support

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Hi Lee551247, I have written comprehensively on a different thread, ""My Engineered is broken". I have all these options and many more and love them all! I wouldn't change one of them!

·
Registered
629 Posts
I have the Luxury Climate. It gives you dual zone control and digital display over the standard fit unit. I had this in my C Class and found it very good at maintaining a constant cabin temp which is why I spec'd it. Worth the money? It is a lot to pay when you get a basic form of climate control anyway but I do like it.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Lumbar support is ace on long journeys!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
JimBatt said:
Lumbar support is ace on long journeys!

That's what I found when I drove mine. I feel without lumbar my back was unsupported and would cause back ache on long journeys

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
mon2s said:
I have the Luxury Climate. It gives you dual zone control and digital display over the standard fit unit. I had this in my C Class and found it very good at maintaining a constant cabin temp which is why I spec'd it. Worth the money? It is a lot to pay when you get a basic form of climate control anyway but I do like it.

I reckon I need to order this as the last 7 cars have all had this option. Feels like I'm going back in time reverting to the standard climate!

·
Registered
223 Posts
£600 notes for digital dual zone climate is extortion though on a car of this standard ... lets be honest and it should be standard, at the very least on the top models.

It is something I am wrestling over myself at the moment.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Snake Pliskin said:
£600 notes for digital dual zone climate is extortion though on a car of this standard ... lets be honest and it should be standard, at the very least on the top models.

It is something I am wrestling over myself at the moment.

It is and I agree with you that it should be optional on the lower spec models and standard from AMG Sport upwards!

·
Registered
93 Posts
If I were to order ours again I would without question go for the climate control! The standard air on is v basic and a fiddle to maintain a comfortable cabin (especially combined with pano roof as without blind the sun varies internal temp v quickly!

·
Registered
629 Posts
Unfortunately there are a few extortionate options - i.e Park Assist forces you to have the self park facility when I only wanted the parking sensors. The Distronic (radar adaptive) cruise control is £880 on top of alreadyfitted cruise. And the Luxury Climate is £530 on top of already having climate!

Some options are good value though - the leather packs seem really good value considering what they include. As is the Night Pack among others.

Edited by: mon2s

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Last night I used the ILS for the first time on the M4 motorway. It was really clever! Whilst traffic was coming towards me it was dipped, but when there was darkness the whole of the motorway was bathed in light! The Addaptive High Beam Assist, cornering light function, really ticked all the boxes. Haven't used the headlamp wash yet! Compared to other cars I thought the lighting was incredible! It isn't only the "look" of the lights it is the way they work! Lee552357! I haven't any photos in the darks as yet, and I am waiting to post my other photos, hopefully this week! I also needed the Luxury Climate Control yesterday with the heat of the sun on the pan roof! Great control for the cabin temperature! The lumbar support is great, particularly if there are any back problems! Hope this helps!Edited by: Lynne

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
I don't think that is electric? Sorry but I am showing womanly skills now, it is a little round switch on the side of each seats. It has indentations that you press! Supported my back really well!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Yep its electric, if you listen you can hear the motors

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Mine didn't make a noise! I did have music playing at the time! I am extremely pleased with all the options that have I ordered! I haven't got any noises in my car at all, yet! LOL! Hope it stays that way! It is a week that I have been driving this incredible car!

·
Registered
16 Posts
If you choose heated seats, do you also get lumbar support?

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Lumbar support can be purchased alone for £160 or in the AMG or Exclusive Pack. Naybags! Check what is available on the Mercedes website!
Edited by: Lynne

1 - 20 of 25 Posts