Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, everyone, I purchased the A200 on the launched weekend during August 2018. The salesman said there would be CarPlay as standard. But I have just found out that the A200 does not have CarPlay at all. There were many articles written during that time that say that CarPlay was a standard feature. I am now arguing the Mercedes that they have misrepresented this feature. Is there anyone else out there who purchased or have information on this? Thank you.

·
Registered
227 Posts
If you have the W177 (201:cool: model CarPlay is not standard. As Kallzeh says, you need either to have bought the Advanced Connectivity Pack (factory order only) OR you can purchase as a download via the Mercedes Me store. Note if you want to do the latter this only works with cars manufactured from September 2018 onwards or after a software update done at a dealer.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi. As far as i know. CarPlay is optional and fitted from factory (wireless charger, NFC door handle etc). if you buy the the CarPlay through MB portal then you will not get the wireless charging, NFC car unlock futures. They will simply ulnock the software. Also to be noted when you get the CarPlay (many reported), you will not have full 10" display. You will only get 7" of your phone screen and apps.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hi there.

I think I have all prerequisites for Smartphone integration for Carplay and Android Auto.
I have 10 inch displays, extended MBUX or so, CONNECT 20.

What else do I need to get Carplay/AAuto working? Can this be enabled via software or do I need some specific hardware for this to work?

Thanks!

·
Registered
421 Posts
Hi there.

I think I have all prerequisites for Smartphone integration for Carplay and Android Auto.
I have 10 inch displays, extended MBUX or so, CONNECT 20.

What else do I need to get Carplay/AAuto working? Can this be enabled via software or do I need some specific hardware for this to work?

Thanks!
I can only speak for android auto.
If you have the smartphone integration package, you need to download the android auto app from the web onto your phone (if its android).
When you connect your phone to your car using a USB cable, for the first time, while the car is stationary, you will get instructions to follow.
After that its plug and play.

·
Registered
524 Posts
If you got the smartphone integration from factory.
Then all you need to do is plug-in your Iphone/Android phone and select Android Auto/Carplay from the services/app menu on the MBUX-system.

If you don't get the smartphone integration package, then you have to manually buy it from the ME-Store. For a few hundred quid, this does require atleast FU1. (Vehicles from 03/19 already have it)

·
Registered
127 Posts
There is no smartphone integration as an option, so no Carplay and no AAuto.

The Car manufacture date is from 2018.

·
Registered
524 Posts
There is no smartphone integration as an option, so no Carplay and no AAuto.

The Car manufacture date is from 2018.
Well from the info I can gather. It looks like you're trying to get the smartphone integration to work.
However you don't have it, so that requires you to go to your dealer. And update your MBUX software to FU2 (V6?)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi
How do you get Apple Carplay on the W177 if it didnt come with the car. I assume it is software only ?
thanks in advance

·
Registered
524 Posts
Hi
How do you get Apple Carplay on the W177 if it didnt come with the car. I assume it is software only ?
thanks in advance
Buy it from the Me-Store. Keep in mind that it's only 7" wide, so it looks weird imo.
Also your car need atleast firmware version FU1. (If you don't have it, your dealer can upgrade the software)

·
Registered
227 Posts
Buy it from the Me-Store. Keep in mind that it's only 7" wide, so it looks weird imo.
It's the one thing going for those of us with 7" screens - CarPlay is full-screen. :grin: *

* Don't worry. I signed the petition as not being full-screen on the 10" is unacceptable IMHO.

·
Registered
524 Posts
It's the one thing going for those of us with 7" screens - CarPlay is full-screen. :grin: *

* Don't worry. I signed the petition as not being full-screen on the 10" is unacceptable IMHO.
Haha haven't actually seen 7" carplay full-screen. Since most pictures are complains about the 10" screen with 7" carplay.
That being said the petition is terrible, I like the effort but the numbers a way too low.
But afaik the whole system will be revamped with Mercedes Me and new options to the MBUX. So I guess end 2019 or 2020 we will get some actual good stuff for the Mbux system.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
ACP would look better full screen on the 10" screen, but to be honest, it doesn't look terrible as it is IMO. Fingers crossed we get full screen in a FU3 or 4 at some point...

·
Registered
A200 June 2018 FUP3
41 Posts
Just has my W177 July 2018 build updated at the dealer to FU2. I can now see the store option in MBUX but I can’t see how to set up or buy the CarPlay option. MBUX says I have already purchased all available services for my car. Any ideas what I need to do to activate CarPlay?

1 - 20 of 109 Posts