Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

61 - 80 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Haha haven't actually seen 7" carplay full-screen. Since most pictures are complains about the 10" screen with 7" carplay.
That being said the petition is terrible, I like the effort but the numbers a way too low.
But afaik the whole system will be revamped with Mercedes Me and new options to the MBUX. So I guess end 2019 or 2020 we will get some actual good stuff for the Mbux system.

Will this update be for the existing MBUX or for the new production version?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Will this update be for the existing MBUX or for the new production version?
there is a new mbux update for existing models, there is a thread here:
not sure if this new update finally fixes the carplay issue with the small screen size..

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello! First time post.
I’ve recently purchased an A class registered end of 2019 but 68 plate. Due to covid the salesman’s didn’t show me everything on the car properly.
I’ve brought a official apple usb c cable to connect my iPhone pro max 11 to the car. Upon connecting it to the correct port, CarPlay hasn’t activated. Checked my settings and everything is enabled for CarPlay on my. Siri works via the voice command on the steering wheel. I’ve deleted other phones connected to the car except mine and it still doesn’t work. In the online manual it says go to Mercedes me on the car and Apple CarPlay should be in that but there is nothing.
Any help? Also bit of a silly question (as the aftercare from Mercedes Weston super mare is terrible, and I’m a first timer Mercedes owner) does/should the car come with a manual & service portfolio?

thank you

·
Registered
246 Posts
Have you actually purchased CarPlay on the Mercedes me portal? It wasn’t standard on 68 plate car. It’s £299.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Manual may be in a secret compartment in the roof of the glovebox. Servicing is all online. There is no ‘service book’ anymore.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thank you for your reply. I didn’t know you had to buy an additional service for it, but of a con when other vehicles have it as standard 🤷🏽‍♂️. I’ll have a look again, can’t see anything obvious sticking out. How do you check online about servicing? I know on the Mercedes me app it tells you when the service is due

·
Registered
447 Posts
Just because it is a Mercedes doesn’t mean that everything is included as standard. Should have been explained to you when you purchased it if this is something that is important to you.
How do you have a car that is a 68 plate but registered end of 2019? A 68 plate means registered between Sept 18 and Feb 19?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I wasn’t explained everything that’s the problem, I wasn’t given a full specification of the car. I presumed apple play came with it, but I’ve found out you have to pay for it through the Mercedes app. That’s what I read, as I said nothing was explained properly

·
Registered
W177 A200 AMG Line Premium Black
20 Posts
Hey guys,

So I'm familiar with a lot of the confusion around getting Apple CarPlay to work on the early W177 models. I myself have an August delivery model. I was told by my local Mercedes dealer that any 68 reg onwards car would have the option to activate Apple CarPlay using Mercedes me, hence why I bought the car I bought.

Since then, I've had Mercedes Me fully setup, and I've even just had the FUP3 (NTG6/080) update done today, and still can't see smartphone integration as an option in the Mercedes Me Store. I checked under system settings and licenses, and there is no "Wired Apple CarPlay" license.

I'm confused with what else I can try to get this working. It should be compatible somehow right? Would appreciate any advice or experience you guys might have on how to get around the issue.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Mine is 68 reg and could pay for Apple CarPlay. It was a Jan 2019 build though.
Same.

Was told by dealer that my car didnt have carplay. Contacted Mercedes me tech via app and got the fup2 updated and bought the carplay app from the Mercedes store and it all worked.

Has the OP contacted the tech via Mercedes me app or web page?

·
Registered
W177 A200 AMG Line Premium Black
20 Posts
Same.

Was told by dealer that my car didnt have carplay. Contacted Mercedes me tech via app and got the fup2 updated and bought the carplay app from the Mercedes store and it all worked.

Has the OP contacted the tech via Mercedes me app or web page?
I didn't contact Mercedes Me tech help, I just took it in my own hands and asked my local dealer to update the software, which they updated to FUP3 direct from FUP0 (pre-FUP1). I'll reach out to them and see what they can help with, but surely updating to FUP3 should've made it available?

What build month was your one?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi everyone,

Happy new owner, new member of this forum and my first post :)

So I just received my approved used A class. It's a 2018 model with premium package that comes with two 10" screens.

Prior to purchasing this car I was told by the sales person I was in touch with that I can get carplay running on it for about 29GBP a year from the Mercendes Me app. From what I read online it seems like it's 299GBP instead.

Also, The second and more major issue is that I cannot find the option on Mercedes me. The only three apps available to purchase are:
-Vehicle Setup
-Navigation Services
-Vehicle Monitoring

So my question is:
1. How do you purchase and install CarPlay on Mercedes a class?
2. Is the price given by the dealership wrong?

Thank you all,

Alex

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Everyone, Just got an approved used from 2018 and car play and wireless charging don't seem to be available from the store.

So do I have to get the car to the dealership for an update?

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
you need to use the portal afaik to purchase CP / AA for £299 as you say. Setup and Location services can be done there £29 each per year, slightly cheaper if you by the 3 year subscription

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Wireless charging is a hardware product, would have been part of smartphone integration pack on the 2018 model

·
Registered
501 Posts
Propably a firmware issue with your car. MBUX needs to be at least on FU2 for the retrofit of apple carplay.
Carplay will cost you one-time 299, then its activated on the car and can't be migrated to your account.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Propably a firmware issue with your car. MBUX needs to be at least on FU2 for the retrofit of apple carplay.
Carplay will cost you one-time 299, then its activated on the car and can't be migrated to your account.
Oh thanks for the reply. It seems like I have been conned by the Mercendes dealership .. Ill get in touch with them tomorrow. :mad:

61 - 80 of 100 Posts