Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
How do people manage this? I've been driving just under 3 years and with the exception of my tiny clio that i had for 3 months, I've not put a mark on any wheel on my old W176 or the W177 i have now. My W176 was my company car and i put a good 40K miles on it in 18 months too, so it really does baffle me when i see mashed up wheels everywhere.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
It happens to the best of us at some point... Easy to misjudge where the curb is if you're not paying full attention. Fortunately, not happened to me in my A35... yet...

·
Registered
10 Posts
360 camera is very handy at showing how close the kerb is. Also saves front bumper from hitting high sidewalks... 😂

·
Registered
74 Posts
You just have to exercise a little care. I find people are far too obsessed in parking as close to the kerb as possible.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I feel sorry for you guys. Just try and take care and if you kerb them, be sure to clean off any rough metal and dirt using polish. After this you have to seal the broken laquer area using something like a laquer paint brush, as you often get with touch up kits. I have done this in the past and it will prevent the damaged area from allowing whiteworm to settle in, which goes on to make the wheel face look much worse.

·
Registered
99 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
How do people manage this? I've been driving just under 3 years and with the exception of my tiny clio that i had for 3 months, I've not put a mark on any wheel on my old W176 or the W177 i have now. My W176 was my company car and i put a good 40K miles on it in 18 months too, so it really does baffle me when i see mashed up wheels everywhere.
Some of us are novice drivers who panic park :ROFLMAO:

I will definitely be investing in a 360 camera for my next car.

·
Registered
A35, 2019
60 Posts
Until a few days ago I'd have said they were not easy to scuff...
Then I caught the wall that runs along our drive.
Fortunately I let the dealer throw in trye and wheel insurance as part of a "deal".
It will be interesting to see how they repair the damage, it is deep...:(

21 - 29 of 29 Posts