Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a dent on my rear 67 plate W176 A200d, and a scuff that has taken some a little paint off the front bumper. Despite them being plastic, they are extoritionatley expensive to replace and I've been really struggling to find a used replacement that isn't damaged.

So I was wondering if a PRE-FL front and/or rear bumper would have the same fitments, and then I can just put on my own rear lower valence and/or front lower diffuser etc.

Would really appreciate any help, as I need to return the car soon and can't think of any other way without buying them new from Mercedes at crazy prices.

Thanks guys !

·
Registered
25 Posts
To start off, I’m not sure but this information could be used with someone with better knowledge. The Pre-FL A Class spec sport and AMG line have what I like to call real exhausts unlike the fake plastic cut outs on the FL models. So if you have a sport or AMG spec your issue will be the exhaust cut outs on the Pre-FL so I’m going to say it’s not possible. Although it may be for the SE basic spec

I could be wrong but google both versions FL and pre and you’ll see what I mean.

Secondly the front I can’t say for sure, but I’ve never seen anyone do it so I’m guessing it’s not possible, again could be wrong

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
973 Posts
I think you are better off repairing them, far cheaper than getting new ones, and even if you could find used ones the chances are that they would need painting anyway. Depending on how bad the scuffs are try getting quotes from a smart vehicle repair company.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have you tried pouring boiling water on the dented plastic? will often make it pop back out.
I have not; I did ask the mechanic that replaced the rear lower valence to do his best to get rid of the dent, which he said he did - yet it is still quite profound.

Thanks

·
Registered
50 Posts
Boiling water is worth a try, obviously take care to protect yourself and you might need quite a few pans of it; pour it on the face of the dent to heat it up & when hot push from behind if access allows, should then pop out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts