Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
A200 AMG Premium. Mountain Grey. Petrol Auto
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am a newbie to this forum so just thought I would introduce myself. I have had many cars over the years, (mostly new company Fords), but now that I am early retired I have decided to take the plunge and move to a Merc.
I have tracked the new A class since it was announced, and in January I went to my local dealer and was able to 'climb' all over one. Unfortunately the salesman showed no interest at all, and when I enquired about the A180 SE he said 'never seen one, come back in April'.
Not to be put off, in April I applied for a test drive via the Merc website, at another dealership, but this fell on deaf ears with the chosen dealer, so I had to make contact myself and eventually got a drive of a A180 CDI SE manual. It was brought to my house and I drove it from there, and tried various suitcases in the boot.!!
This was fine, but I also decided to drive the A200 CDI manual sport. It took ages to find one for me but again it was brought to my house.
This was the car for me, and so yesterday I went into the dealership and ordered one.
The spec is A200 CDI manual Sport, in Mountain Grey, with mirror pack, storage pack, and Park assist. The delivery is expected in September/October.
Obviously I was informed of the Protect and care products, and I was wondering if anyone has a comment on them. They all seem a bit pricy to me so maybe others know of cheaper alternatives. I will be interested to hear.
I have to say that I have had excellent service from the salesman I am dealing with now, and MB customer service dept. are very good too.
So, now the big wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
629 Posts
Hi flaky j. Welcome to the forum

Glad to hear you got good service in the end. Shocking to hear the first couple of times MB did themselves no favours. There seems to be a bit too much variation between dealers for what is meant to be a 'premium' brand.

Personally, I wouldn't bother with any of the add on after care products and services - this is where they make a lot of money.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Congratulations on early retirement and welcome to the forum Flaky J!
I like the car in mountain grey, it seems to suit the car's angles well. I run an A180 CDI SE at the moment and I would also have recommended going to the 200 and sport if you have the means, I think you'll be very pleased with your choices when it rolls up.

After care kits - pah! - Since you're now time-rich, you can provide all the after-care the car will need with a chamois, water and sponge- there is also a detailing section on the forum should you want for advice on paintwork after-care.

·
Registered
A200 AMG Premium. Mountain Grey. Petrol Auto
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the welcome, and comments on the after care products. I have since found info. on the forum regarding discounts for members at ALA which do the same products for a lot less. So my questions have been answered for now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts