Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else's window wipers do one or two strokes when you start the car, even when it's dry and sunny? This happens on about 80% of starts.

I've cleaned the sensor multiple times, but still happens.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Does anyone else's window wipers do one or two strokes when you start the car, even when it's dry and sunny? This happens on about 80% of starts.

I've cleaned the sensor multiple times, but still happens.
I’ve had that happen a couple of times

·
Registered
43 Posts
Apparently, you're not meant to leave them on automatic.

They're automatic in regards to regulating the speed and frequency of wipes and not automatic in the same way that the headlights are - make sense?

Attachments

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Apparently, you're not meant to leave them on automatic.

They're automatic in regards to regulating the speed and frequency of wipes and not automatic in the same way that the headlights are - make sense?
Is it normal for cars to be like that? This is the first automatic wiper car I've had, so I'm not sure.
They haven't designed the wiper/indicator stork very well if it's meant to be in the off position most of the time. Doesn't feel right when operating the indicators in the off position.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Yes, as Yogi says turn them off in the dry if you don't want them to inadvertently wipe, which was the same with my W176 as well. It hasn't rained on the A35 yet, so I've not turned them on.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Yes, as Yogi says turn them off in the dry if you don't want them to inadvertently wipe, which was the same with my W176 as well. It hasn't rained on the A35 yet, so I've not turned them on.
have you got your A35 yet, you've not mentioned it much? :wink::wink::wink:

·
Registered
516 Posts
have you got your A35 yet, you've not mentioned it much? :wink::wink::wink:
You're right, I haven't mentioned it much out here in gen pop since arrival ... but it does have its own topic in the A35 forum :grin:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Ive stopped using the auto function after a gritter went past me and threw it all over my windscreen, the wipers then automatically wiped all the grit over the windscreen, which scratched it.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Dust dirt and sunshine on the screen will set it off when you start the car.

As will moisture and rain, of course ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts