Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There seems to have been a few different views on the volume of the directions being swamped by the audio. Mine is very quite even though I have the 'reduce audio' ticked. Has anybody found a way of getting the volume up on the Becker? I used to have my Tom Tom on full volume and this could be heard above anything you had on the audio. This will be my first complaint to the dealers if there is not a simple answer.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Use the up arrow on the steering wheel the same as you do to increase the audio volume but do so when the announcement is playing.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks Janine I'll give it a try!

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Janine. Yep! that works, thanks. I can now increase the volume of the Becker. I understand that it does not reduce the volume of the audio enough particularly if you are playing it with a bit of volume but at least you can up the Becker to make it louder which was the issue I was struggling with. I agree with other posts that it does not reduce the audio volume enough for announcements.

·
Registered
31 Posts
For the first time today I actually noticed the radio volume
drop for an announcement. The only thing
that's different is the music volume was quite loud. It's very noticeable and
now I can clearly hear the message 'Please observe the speed limit'
repeatedly. It's like having a parrot in
the car.</span>

My other discovery today is that when you change the
settings on the climate control, they all show up on the bottom of the audio
display for a few seconds. I've been
desperately watching the road and trying to see what I was doing fiddling with
the nobs hidden by the gear stick that I hadn't realised. It makes things so much easier. Mine is the basic climate control so i don't
know if it the same for luxury.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just purchased Becker Map Pilot for my A Class Where are the "reduce audio" controls? can't seem to find them within the settings. As previous comments when radio or music playing can't hear the announcements, so looking to correct this. I like the integration of the Map Pilot but the screen is no where near as good as a Tom Tom, also the post code entry is not as good with only having the first 5 character entry.

·
Registered
93 Posts
You should be able to enter full postcode, check settings and update software.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Guys looking into the Becker map pilot, i was originally going to order one from Amazon as they were listed at £299 but they have disappeared now. Ive seen a few from Poland, The seller has 100% feedback but im a little hesitant on buying one. Just wondered if anyone else has bought one from electronics-rych</span> ?

cheers guys

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Fish, I got one of these from this seller, ordered Sunday, got it on Friday, brand new in sealed box, latest model, A 166 900 95 08, has card slot on board too, no problems what so ever, updated maps and software, slotted in, worked first time. 299 quid, 15 quid p+people, well pleased. Hope this is of help mate.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Jinx. Mine was factory fitted and only did part postcode until I updated it on my PC. I now get full postcode.

·
Registered
352 Posts
buy through PayPal and you're covered ??

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hey guys,
I ordered my A250 without the COMMAND Online, as it is way expensive.

Is the Becker a replacement for this?

How does it work? Does it need your phone connected to it or does it have its own GPS and so on.

Also what other alternatives are there to the Becker?

I would still like to have GPS navigation display on the on board merc Screen as a reasonable price

Thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I bought mine from Amazon supposedly direct from "Harman Becker the Uk's largest supplier of Map Pilot's" and it arrived as promised, for £354 plus P&P, and was new in sealed package etc. My only gripe was I had assumed coming from "Harman Becker" that the price would include VAT which as I am VAT registered I would be able to recover, but when I requested a VAT invoice, they replied that they were not VAT registered, which seems strange given that you would not have to sell too many to reach the VAT threshold! But other than that once I downloaded the latest update it now has the full UK post codes.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Has anyone sorted the volume issue, mine fades the music but not enough to hear the announcement! Is there any way of changing this, I can't find any setting

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Use the volume up button on the steering wheel during an announcement

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Stays louder for all announcements

1 - 20 of 42 Posts