Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, has anybody tried the Becker Map Pilot, didn't get it fitted from factory, except the pre wire, but am now wondering whether I should have got it or not. The command seemed to expensive as I would only use it occasionally but don't want to use a sat nav stuck on my windscreen, any thoughts welcome.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
148 Posts
Yep got it in mine and to be fair it's ok, don't get it from Mercedes though, you should be able to pick one up from between £250 to £300

If you have any specificquestionsfeel free to ask
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
629 Posts
Its not bad. Worth not having cables in the cabin and things stuck on the screen. Especially if you only pay £250-300!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
318 Posts
Yep! I agree it is worth getting. I had mine delivered with it and initially preferred Tom Tom but now getting used to it. Once you've updated it for free you get full postcode and I've even been able to use the voice commands off the steering wheel, even with a deep Yorkshire accent!
definitely worth the money and nothing stuck in your window or cig lighter as mon2s said!Edited by: Anzz
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
68 Posts
Anzz said:
Yep! I agree it is worth getting. I had mine delivered with it and initially preferred Tom Tom but now getting used to it. Once you've updated it for free you get full postcode and I've even been able to use the voice commands off the steering wheel, even with a deep Yorkshire accent!
definitely worth the money and nothing stuck in your window or cig lighter as mon2s said!
Voice commands ?? Are these just for the Becker , or has the car got voice commands as standard .

IE for fone dialling , radio ETC
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Bought one off Ebay - £180 (new) , updated with latest software -works a treat, full postcodes, speed cameras - happy days
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
629 Posts
Garypa28 said:
Voice commands ?? Are these just for the Becker , or has the car got voice commands as standard .

IE for fone dialling , radio ETC
Voice commands only work for Becker sat nav / Audio 20.

To have voice control for telephone etc you need COMAND system
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
629 Posts
martj_uk said:
Bought one off Ebay - £180 (new) , updated with latest software - works a treat, full postcodes, speed cameras - happy days
My leg is sore from when I keep kicking myself.

I'm the idiot that handed over £500 to Mercedes for Becker as one of my options!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Can anyone let me know from who on eBay or a link to the item on eBay, don't want to get ripped off. Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,175 Posts
I bought item: 171024354886

Not quite as cheap as some others but looked a little more trust worthy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
147 Posts
Viking65 said:
except the pre wire, but am now wondering whether I should have got it or not.
Do you have to order the wiring separately or are all Audio 20s equipped with it? How can I check this? Is the Becker installation a hard task?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
93 Posts
I think all A-Classes come with the Becker cradle pre-installed in the glove box
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
147 Posts
Didn't see anything in my glove box. It should be right there when you just open the glove box, not well hidden or anything?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
147 Posts
Nope, nothing there. I guess it depends on the country. Nothing in the options list about wiring either, so it's the whole package or nothing here.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
192 Posts
Sorry didn't realise you were non uk? Where you from? I thought it was a standard all round though?? It was mentioned on all the pre release videos etc from Germany and more
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
147 Posts
I'm from Finland. The local importer can probably decide on some details like the Becker bracket. They are certaily not giving anything for free here. Buying a new car here is like being robbed in direct daylight anyway. I could have gotten an engineered by AMG in the UK for the money I paid here for my A180 petrol with Bi-Xenons, light & sight pack and mirror pack
 
1 - 20 of 52 Posts
Top