Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to buy the a180 amg sport diesel with night pack and amg black alloys in south sea blue (looks great) but the one thing that is stopping me push the button to purchase is the size of the boot. I have 9 month old child and obviously a pram is to be brought everywhere he goes.
Has anyone had any problems fitting all essentials into the boot or is it bigger than it looks?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've got two kids, and one needs a buggy....
Good news is that the boot copes no problem !

Get the order done, you won't regret it !

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
I would take the pram to the showroom and fit it!TMills19 It all depends on the size of the "pram", or is it a pushchair? It is not a tiny boot, but you need to check! You can put the seats down almost flat, so there would be loads of room then!

·
Registered
29 Posts
The annoying thing is the "entry" to the boot is smaller than the boot itself! Other than one mishap in IKEA the boot has coped no problem!

·
Registered
61 Posts
On a similar note - I was worried about getting my golf clubs and trolley into the boot as it looked worryingly small.
My dealer let me take the car home after my test drive and I tried all the things I wanted. I was surprised by the size - it's certainly bigger than it looks!
As above, it's just got an awkward narrow opening.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I managed to squeeze a Phil & Teds double buggy in the one in the showroom.

It was the final test before I ordered the car. It was a little trickier than getting it in a golf due to the narrow opening and there's not much space for anything else.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I bought one Maclaren XLR stroller and I noticed that same can be well accommodated iwo boot, BUT the entrance of same is tricky, due to boot entrance formation, just for few cm.

Therefore one out of 2 parts of the rear seats should be slightly reclined in order to make space for the stroller to be deeper inserted and then same can be almost vertically manouvered inside boot space.

Then the rear seat is locked again in position and everything is fine

Opposite way is to be followed while extracting the stroller from the boot.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts