Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I just picked up a new A250 today - it looks great but I'm having a problem with it.

I didn't have any trouble when driving home. After I got home, I locked the car for about 5 minutes, and when I came back to the car, both the driver and centre screens wouldn't switch on.
The sound from the radio came on when I started the car, as well as the head-up display, but both of the main screens stayed blank.
I brought the car back to the dealer (with both screens still blank - good thing the head up display was showing the speedometer), and they're going to take a look at it after the long weekend.

Has anyone else had this problem before / what did the dealer do to fix it?

Thanks!

·
Registered
731 Posts
This was an emergency OTA software update for all European cars that was transmitted on the 1st of April. Its there to assist with COVID lockdown regulations across Europe by effectively stopping you using the car. However, to protect MB revenues it does allow cars to be picked up, and paid for, at the dealers but once you are at home it kicks in and makes the car undriveable.

It sounds like they haven't just limited it to Europe though, hopefully your dealer will be able to remove it quickly if you live in a state that still permits travel.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hahaha! to be fair even if I had the car, with all the lockdowns in Australia I really wouldn’t be able to drive it much...

was pretty disappointed to have an issue so soon after picking up the car though! hopefully this is a one-off that they can fix ASAP

·
Registered
731 Posts
hahaha! to be fair even if I had the car, with all the lockdowns in Australia I really wouldn’t be able to drive it much...

was pretty disappointed to have an issue so soon after picking up the car though! hopefully this is a one-off that they can fix ASAP
Sorry, just couldnt resist it :)

Hope you get it sorted out soon

·
Registered
MB A250 4M W177
247 Posts
This was an emergency OTA software update for all European cars that was transmitted on the 1st of April. Its there to assist with COVID lockdown regulations across Europe by effectively stopping you using the car. However, to protect MB revenues it does allow cars to be picked up, and paid for, at the dealers but once you are at home it kicks in and makes the car undriveable.

It sounds like they haven't just limited it to Europe though, hopefully your dealer will be able to remove it quickly if you live in a state that still permits travel.
Haha You made my day...ops night :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In case anyone else has this issue - just got off the phone with the dealer and apparently the MBUX control unit needs to be replaced because of some sort of electrical fault.
Fingers crossed that fixes the problem!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts