Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just put a deposit down on an ex demonstrator A250 engineered yesterday.

Its in white with the harmon kardon soundsystem, & i got them to knock over £1k off the sticker price

Think i should be able to pick it up next week, cant wait.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
I agree with Petje, you will really love it, danboy! You are lucky to be able to have it so quickly too! Some have waited for ages, I waited nearly four months and others longer! Just done it's longest run so far and had about 45mpg, was very pleased with that!

·
Registered
150 Posts
That's very good mileage Lynne. What type of driving was that? ie mixture of city and highway, or highway. Any hard driving included or just taking it easy.

Regards
joyjas77

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
I did about a hundred miles both ways and about 150 miles on motorway, average speed 60/70 ish,
. I was extremely pleased and surprised! I was not expecting that! No noises with the car and it drove like a dream! Love it even more! Have done half my normal annual mileage in three months!
Next week or so I am going on a longer journey to Bognor Regis, about 400mile trip, see what she does then. Again, I think mostly motorway! Perhaps I'll get the magic 50mpg??? We'll see!
Edited by: Lynne

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
How much longer for you joyas77? No time to look through the threads to check! Whatever it is, it will be worth it! Hope the time goes quickly!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Ex-demo is a good call. I did the same and got a cracking deal. I shopped around for one in the right colour and with the options I wanted and made a big saving on what the same car would have cost me new. It was four months old when I got it and everyone thinks it's new anyway!

You will enjoy it!

Cheers

Rog

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
I did that on my last purchase Rog, and it lasted me 18 years! My eng. is my first brand new car! What a first it has turned out to be! Hope it lasts as long, ha, ha!
Edited by: Lynne

·
Registered
150 Posts
That is great mileage. I can only hope that I will get something in that vicinity. I'm guessing I won't require any encouragement to take a drive in it once I get it as well. I've done in my Avalon in the last 9 years about 220,000km's but in the last 3 of those years I haven't driven as much as I used to. Now I'm guessing I would do about 15,000 a year.

I live in Rural Australia so I should at least get better than fellow A250 owners in the Capital cities.

I've got until early October I was told last week. I guess it will come early enough. I've missed the delays caused by the panoramic roof luckily. Someone else with a build date on the 29th of July (Mine is the 2nd of August) was told his will be built on the 17th of July instead. So I'm secretly keeping my fingers crossed that this happens to me. Then I can start tracking it as it comes across the ocean.

But not holding my breath.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Mine arrived three weeks early, joyas77, hope yours does too! Let you know the mileage on my next long trip in a week or so! I almost came to live in Australia many years ago, but it didn't work out! Where are you exactly? Near Queensland?Edited by: Lynne

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i found another one, same colour etc but with the exclusive pack however it wasnt available until the end of next month and i did not want to wait that long to get my hands on one so i just got this one instead.
Really looking fwd to it, i been driving a mitsubishi ASX for the last 1.5 years and its no fun to drive at all so im getting excited about having a car that i can actually enjoy driving :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts