Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
61 - 76 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
I tried deleting the App and rebooting, but it still won't schedule a charge. I was told on 18th Aug that someone from the Complaints Team would contact me the next day, but they didn't. Since then, I've been told that an advisor's superior, and someone from the Technical Team would contact me, but so far nothing. I will only accept a timer if it is an interim solution to a fully compliant smart charger in accordance with OZEV requirements. It will be interesting to see what happens after the BBC Watchdog programme on Wednesday.
Did the programme air in the end?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Did the programme air in the end?
yes, it was on Wednesday but we were in Croatia so did not see it until we got back.
Starts at 3:28
And surprisingly it is still not working it has done a couple of times but it is not consistent sometimes it does sometimes it does not.
BP were supposed to send a timer which did not arrive and the fitters got in touch to see if it had arrived but ended turning up with a unit to fit but refused it simply because it was so minute that for those with fingers like sausages or difficulty seeing it just was not practical so refused it. In fairness the fitters have been more helpful than BP and offered an alternative which was suitable but that was before I went on holiday .

BP eventually phoned yesterday and told them basically it is still not working and they are going to get back in touch.
Interestingly the electricians said that if the charger loses connection with the mobile network, even for a short period (literally seconds) it erases all the schedules that have been set up although they still are "visible" on the app or website but in actual fact have been deleted and the only way to sort is, is to do a full reset again and reset the schedules BUT you will never know if the device has ever lost connection with the network

·
Registered
36 Posts
After many letters and emails to BP Pulse, I may have got somewhere. BP Pulse have not applied for the OZEV grant for my installation as it will not schedule a charge, and is therefore not compliant with the OZEV requirements. I have been asking BP Pulse for a refund, as I consider them to be in breach of contract, but they have only offered £95 - the cost of the type A RCD required for the installation. BP pulse say that they will refund Mercedes for the cost of the home charger installation, so I contacted MB to see what they might offer me, and they agreed to give me the cost of an OHME cable (£199 as an Octopus Go customer). Now I need to investigate claiming the OZEV grant when I have a smart charging system in place.

·
Super Moderator
4,336 Posts
Zappi or Hypervolt chargers are the only 2 I’d consider.

If aesthetics are important, then Andersen comes into play.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Well after 18 months of trying to get my smart meter sorter I finally got onto the Octopus Go tarrif. Charged via schedule first night upon setting, however, now charging as soon as I plug it in and ignoring schedule! None of this is making electric motoring appealing! Will contact BP Pulse tomo and get the complaint logged 😩

·
Registered
112 Posts
What's the time estimate for getting a response from BP, 2 days and I've heard nothing. I guess they'll be busy with several thousand more complaints!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Honestly it was usually about a week with them at least, they were awful aw getting back to me. They have sent me the grant form to sign, I will sign it in about 4 months time, the time it took them to sort my issue out!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Honestly it was usually about a week with them at least, they were awful aw getting back to me. They have sent me the grant form to sign, I will sign it in about 4 months time, the time it took them to sort my issue out!
So are you up and running again Matt? What was the fix for you? I'll be expecting compensation for everytime I have missed out in a 5p charge whilst awaiting resolution.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Fix for me was the manual timer they installed, works a treat now. They did say they are due to release a WiFi unit next year and because of the problems I had they are putting me on the list to receive one when they get released.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm 'celebrating' 6 months since I started the installation process with BP Pulse, and I still can't schedule a charge. I have declined to have a timer installed as this is not giving me a 'smart' charger. I have told BP Pulse that they have a contractual obligation to provide a fully functioning smart charger, and I expect them to repair or replace my charger when they solve the communications issue, hopefully this will be the wifi version. In the meantime, MB have told me that they will give me £199 to buy an OHME cable, though I'm still waiting for it!. I ordered a type 2 to type 2 cable, but OHME sent a commando to type 2 cable in error, so that has been sent back - nothing is easy it seems!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Fix for me was the manual timer they installed, works a treat now. They did say they are due to release a WiFi unit next year and because of the problems I had they are putting me on the list to receive one when they get released.
Oh well that sounds promising I'd be happy with the manual timer and the prospect of a newer box. I wouldn't be signing the grant paperwork until that was installed tho. Thanks for update Matt 👍
I'm 'celebrating' 6 months since I started the installation process with BP Pulse, and I still can't schedule a charge. I have declined to have a timer installed as this is not giving me a 'smart' charger. I have told BP Pulse that they have a contractual obligation to provide a fully functioning smart charger, and I expect them to repair or replace my charger when they solve the communications issue, hopefully this will be the wifi version. In the meantime, MB have told me that they will give me £199 to buy an OHME cable, though I'm still waiting for it!. I ordered a type 2 to type 2 cable, but OHME sent a commando to type 2 cable in error, so that has been sent back - nothing is easy it seems!
Hi MetMan, how does the ohme cable work? Have you connected this to your BP charge master unit? My chargemaster is hardwired so I assume this isn't an option for me unless I ask BP to change the unit? Cheers

·
Registered
36 Posts
Oh well that sounds promising I'd be happy with the manual timer and the prospect of a newer box. I wouldn't be signing the grant paperwork until that was installed tho. Thanks for update Matt 👍

Hi MetMan, how does the ohme cable work? Have you connected this to your BP charge master unit? My chargemaster is hardwired so I assume this isn't an option for me unless I ask BP to change the unit? Cheers
Hi SSM, I opted for an untethered BP Pulse charger, so it's a type 2 to type 2 cable with a programmable box in the cable that will plug into the BP Pulse charger. There's an OHME App to allow me to schedule the charge. You could get your tethered charger removed and replaced by a commando type socket, then get the OHME cable with the commando type plug. You do need to be on Octopus go to get the £199 price. The link gives you an image: Google Image Result for https://images.prismic.io/ohme/7ec24964-9111-4788-947b-b1efe700e482_commando+to+type+2+ohme+go.png?auto=compress,format

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hi SSM, I opted for an untethered BP Pulse charger, so it's a type 2 to type 2 cable with a programmable box in the cable that will plug into the BP Pulse charger. There's an OHME App to allow me to schedule the charge. You could get your tethered charger removed and replaced by a commando type socket, then get the OHME cable with the commando type plug. You do need to be on Octopus go to get the £199 price. The link gives you an image: Google Image Result for https://images.prismic.io/ohme/7ec24964-9111-4788-947b-b1efe700e482_commando+to+type+2+ohme+go.png?auto=compress,format
Perfect thanks, yes I just managed to switch to GO tarrif after months of waiting only to discover this new headache with the charge master 🤯

·
Registered
112 Posts
Will be interested to hear if BP are compensating customers unable to schedule charges at lower rates due to their doomed wallbox.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Slow progress with BP told me to try reset as mentioned in previous post and now declaring it's a firewall issue. taking days between emails and phoning just gets you through to somone who doesn't know how to help.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Slow progress with BP told me to try reset as mentioned in previous post and now declaring it's a firewall issue. taking days between emails and phoning just gets you through to somone who doesn't know how to help.
My OHME cable arrived and for the first time since I got the car in July, I was able to schedule a charge last night. I’m not expecting BP Pulse to fix my current charger, but I have told them that I expect them to replace it when the Wi-fi version is released.

61 - 76 of 76 Posts