Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
81 - 97 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Got this reply this morning.....

"The results of the technical diagnosis came in yesterday and we were updated by our engineers. The unit has not logged into our servers since the 12th October and it is of our understanding that you have been using the unit since then. So the engineer have stated the unit would have developed a fault if this is the case, if the reboot has been conducted. We will need to come out and swap the unit out for a new one, so I have arranged a site visit request in order for this to be arranged by our approved contractor in your local area."

So looks like they be replacing it with another that won't work, utterly ridiculous! Has anyone sought legal advice or involved financial ombudsman? We are bound to have a compensation case for loss of access to off peak charging rates because of this. Loss of savings over time will be substantial.
Now looks like they have blocked my email!

·
Premium Member
441 Posts
I wonder if OZEV know how bad the BP Chargemaster units are? Surely the government shouldn't be subsidising chargers which aren't actually smart due to their (lack of) reliability?

·
Registered
46 Posts
I wonder if OZEV know how bad the BP Chargemaster units are? Surely the government shouldn't be subsidising chargers which aren't actually smart due to their (lack of) reliability?
Yes, they are aware of the problems with BP Pulse. I wrote to Dept of Transport and they replied that they knew of the issues we are suffering with. I agree that they should not be claiming the OZEV grant when the chargers are not ‘smart’

·
Registered
46 Posts
A few days ago, I had my third BP Pulse home charger installed. Nobody at BP Pulse can tell me what is different about the new unit compared to the previous 2, but it is not the long-awaited wifi version. You will not be surprised to hear that this latest version will still not schedule a charge. It will charge the car, but even when charging the BP Pulse app displays a message stating that the 'EV is not connected'. I tried rebooting the system, but this did not help and now I have an intermittent flashing red light on the home charger - no idea what this means! I have a good 4G signal at home, so doubt that the problems are signal related.

·
Registered
120 Posts
A few days ago, I had my third BP Pulse home charger installed. Nobody at BP Pulse can tell me what is different about the new unit compared to the previous 2, but it is not the long-awaited wifi version. You will not be surprised to hear that this latest version will still not schedule a charge. It will charge the car, but even when charging the BP Pulse app displays a message stating that the 'EV is not connected'. I tried rebooting the system, but this did not help and now I have an intermittent flashing red light on the home charger - no idea what this means! I have a good 4G signal at home, so doubt that the problems are signal related.
Absolutely disgusting. I've been waiting 2 weeks now for my replacement unit that they have assured me will function correctly. If it doesn't (I know it won't) I will be requesting they pay for an OHME cable until a permanent fix is available. If they dont I will try Mercedes.

·
Registered
46 Posts
My third BP Pulse wall charger seems to be more useless than the 2 it replaced. After being erratic with the level of charge for a couple of weeks, it now will only deliver a maximum of 1.5 kW, which is pretty much next to useless. 2 weeks ago, BP Pulse assured me that the engineers would be in contact to arrange their seventh visit, but as with all things related to BP Pulse, they only seem to operate on a glacial timescale. With all three wall chargers, I have never managed to schedule a charge, unless I use the OHME Programmable Cable. My advice to anyone thinking about a wall charger is to avoid BP Pulse at all costs!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Thanks for the update metman - ironically my power went off during the last storm and since it came back on my box is working and even held to the schedule the last 5 nights! Not sure what to make of this. Haven't heard from BP for over 3 weeks after I asked them for their complaints procedure.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Thanks for the update metman - ironically my power went off during the last storm and since it came back on my box is working and even held to the schedule the last 5 nights! Not sure what to make of this. Haven't heard from BP for over 3 weeks after I asked them for their complaints procedure.
That's bizarre! We had a power outage during storm Arwen, and next day my Sat Nav stopped working. It did come back later. I have rebooted my wall charger many times, but now I'm stuck with 1.5 kW and no scheduling.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Can report mine is still working without issue. Also haven't heard again from BP makes me suspicious this fault has been resolved remotely by a firmware update or something? Anyone else's suddenly start working and stayed that way?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Can report mine is still working without issue. Also haven't heard again from BP makes me suspicious this fault has been resolved remotely by a firmware update or something? Anyone else's suddenly start working and stayed that way?
No such joy for me SSM. I can only get 1.4 kW from mine. I did charge away from home at 6.7 kW, so seems to be an issue with the BP charger. Not heard from BP for 3 weeks since I reported thislatest problem.

·
Registered
46 Posts
A member of the technical team finally contacted me and told me that there is a bug (only 1?) in the BP Pulse home charger that results in the charger delivering 1.4kWh when waiting for a schedule to start. I deleted the schedule, rebooted the charger and have been able to charge at about 7 kWh, and can schedule a charge using my OHME Smart type 2 cable.

·
Registered
46 Posts
After months of not getting anyone from BP Pulse to reply to me, I wrote again to the CEO asking what was happening about providing me with a 'fit-for-purpose' home charger, and within a week, I have had a WiFi enabled charger, now called 'Pulse Home' installed. Apparently it will take a couple of weeks for BP to enable the device to function properly, but I can still use it to charge the A250e with my OHME cable. I'll provide an update if and when it functions correctly.

Picture attached.
Surveillance camera Output device Security Audio equipment Rectangle

·
Registered
50 Posts
Thanks for this, looks smart! I’ve emailed BP as they committed to replacing my charger with manual timing switch with this once it’s been released, so I have emailed them now!

·
Super Moderator
5,648 Posts
I'll provide an update if and when it functions correctly.
Good news at long last and look forward to the update.

·
Registered
50 Posts
After months of not getting anyone from BP Pulse to reply to me, I wrote again to the CEO asking what was happening about providing me with a 'fit-for-purpose' home charger, and within a week, I have had a WiFi enabled charger, now called 'Pulse Home' installed. Apparently it will take a couple of weeks for BP to enable the device to function properly, but I can still use it to charge the A250e with my OHME cable. I'll provide an update if and when it functions correctly.

Picture attached.
View attachment 9716
Have you managed to get it working now? I’m due to get my new Pulse Home device fitted tomorrow to replace my “non-smart” charger! I’m intrigued about what app/website to use!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi Mark. Your message arrived just as I was getting my login details set up on the new Pulse Home portal. They will provide you with links to the new portal. It's a much better interface than the previous attempt, though the 'energy provider' section doesn't seem to work yet. I've set it up to charge tonight, and it seems to have accepted the schedule. The Pulse Home has been working fine with my OHME programmable cable. Good luck with yours!

81 - 97 of 97 Posts