Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car will be delivered on Tuesday and a few plans to make it a bit more special - will be painting the calipers do I go for south sea blue - orange - white - am thinking white at present
White

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
White would look good but won't stay clean for long. I'm going for copper on mine

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Had white brembo's on me evo for three years and they kept ok as long as you clean every week - used muc off (bike cleaning concentrate) that worked well and take wheels off every other month to clean and polish properly

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
too much effort for me
Edited by: aguycalleddb

·
Registered
100 Posts
Anyone got a pic of white calipers on South sea blue? Or even any other colours?

Thanks

·
Registered
596 Posts
White calipers sounds like too much work -do they go grey when they get a bit of heat eg at the track?
I can advise front red calipers go maroon and then almost black, whilst the rears stay bright red. :)
Edited by: Norpus

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
I had a TTRS with Lambo 8 piston calipers sprayed Ibis White to match the colour of the car and they never discoloured with some hard use!!

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
as stated above prep and they will be OK.

It's the lacquer that discolours SO DON'T LACQUER - I USED HAMMERITE SMOOTH ON MINE BUT NEVER TRACKED ALTHOUGH DRIVEN HARD ON ROAD

This was after two years - not an A class but a Blue EVO 6 so you can get the idea. Wheel colour also effects how they will look ??

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
They look nice Terry

I had some rear calipers lacquered previously and they were still fine, as long as they're well prepped.

That said, mine didn't get any hard use so can't comment on anything other than fairlynormal road use and front calipers will obviously get hotter.

As said, the darker the wheel, the more they'll stand out.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Had my A200 CDI sport calipers done in matt black with white Mercedes Benz caliper decals, quite an individual look and not too in your face.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts