Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there!

Brand new member here! I picked up my new A Class yesterday (24 Feb 21), and I’ve taken it straight to a detailer to get ceramic coated today (25 Feb 21).

He called to tell me he found a swirl at the back of the car. Here it is:

Should I be worried about it? Should I let the dealership know? Would they even do anything about it?! I know I should’ve told them not to clean it prior to the pick up, I guess I was in that “new car pick up mode!”.

Thanks in advance,

Jodie

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can't the detailer polish them out for you.
if not the body shop at the dealers will be able to take care of it for you.
Yeah, he’s offered to do it as part of the current job thankfully! Just don’t know whether to let the dealership know to avoid this happening to other new cars going forward 🙄

·
Registered
88 Posts
I never let the dealer clean my CLA, they've only got one bucket and I think they kept the sand from the fire bucket in it !! Ceramic coating is the way to go. Minimum hand contact with your maintenance wash, snow foam, pressure wash {gentle} air blower to dry. Probably just me but I'm an obsessed car cleaner.

·
Registered
296 Posts
No way around it, the valeters dont care aslong as the car looks clean. Probably wiped it with a mitten with grit in it.
I always tell them not to wash my car as this always ends up happening. The last thing you want is to pay for it detailing and ceramic coating then the dealers washing it after and essentially ruining it.
Unfortuantly black is a nightmare to keep looking swirl free.

·
Registered
102 Posts
+1 for ceramic coating and NEVER let the spotty 16yr old apprentice ‘wash’ your car at the dealers...

I once saw them ‘cleaning’ a leather chamois by jet washing it on the floor of the cleaning bay. For a start, I wouldn’t let a chamois anywhere near my car.

Strict ‘do not wash’ instructions are left with the dealer on every visit. Only me and my detailer have ever touched it.

However, my cleaning regime (more the time I spend) does not go down well with the mrs...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the replies!

It is definitely noted re: “no car wash at the dealership please” warning. I kept meaning to tell them and just forgot, my own mistake really 🙄 never to happen again.

The fella I’ve taken the car to, has got the swirl marks out thankfully and is being cured from the ceramic coating as we speak 🙌

My first Mercedes and my first black car...at least I know that I either a) have to keep the car pristine to maintain the beauty or b) get a different colour next time 🤣

·
Super Moderator
5,510 Posts
You couldn't have done much about the dealer cleaning it as it needs to be after shipping but you certainly know for the future.

My car's black too but any colour I've had has always been a challenge to keep pristine up to my standards.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.