Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would be interesting to hear projected build and delivery dates. I have December 10 build date for an A250 Amg Engineered and am told a pre Christmas delivery is possible. Anyone have confirmed delivery dates yet ?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On the bright side at least you (and other Jan delivery recipients) will get a '13 registration.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's the car registration plates you mean. The registration of the car itself will be 2013 'on the books'

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Ah yes see what you mean - so when the time comes to sell (seems a bit strange when no one has one yet!) you could sell as a 2013 MY?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I believe so. It should also give you a stronger residual if you bought on PCP Agility deall

·
Registered
17 Posts
My car is now due into the the country on the 24th Dec and should be delivered to me on the 3rd/4th Jan. Ipresumeit was still built on the 13th

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There's a delay with my A250 apparently. My dealer tells me mine was built on the 13th but it has sat there for a week awaiting 'inspection and final fit'. they can't event tell me a delivery date yet but I'm guessing it will be January now :-(

·
Registered
17 Posts
I work for a car manufacturer and I can tell you they do not like having cars waiting around once they have been built. What is likely is that something has gone wrong in the build and they're having to rework it. They will do a diagnostic check at the end of the line, this has probably shown something wrong.

I've just been told mine has arrived today, so will be delivered on the 3rd Jan

·
Registered
626 Posts
Ordered 4th Jan - estimated delivery early April. Ouch!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
..and the wait continues for my A250 AMG Engineered ! Was built on December 13th and sat on the inspection line for a week until the day before the factory closed down for two weeks. Very frustrating. I'm told it arrives at the MB dealer tomorrow for a Thursday pickup. Will post the pics at the end of the week. In the meantime they've lent me an A200 CDI Sport - which is rather nice as a stop-gap solution.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
I've been told mine should arrive between the 7th and 27th of Feb, so not too much longer to wait.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I ordered mine on Dec 23rd 2012, was told the build date is 25th of Jan 2013 but wouldnt be with me until 1st of March :p

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'd double check that - that's a long gap between build and delivery

·
Registered
138 Posts
Hello everyone! I ordered my car on 17th November and won't get it until late March! The anticipation is killing me!

I've ordered a A250 Engineered by AMG in Mountain Grey.Edited by: JhRocks

·
Registered
97 Posts
yeah I know I said to my local dealer I want my car can come out on March 1st so he gave me a rough estimate of the earliest date I can have my car built.. The Jan 25th doesn't mean it is on that day it could be later if that make sense?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
I ordered a A180 AMG sport for my wife on the 21st October 2012, was told early feb delivery, now being told it will not arrive at dealer until 15th March due to production delays and this is still only an estimate.

Anyone shed any light on these alledgedproduction delays?

S

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
I've been told that my A250 will now be built on the 8th so it looks like delivery will be the end of the month

1 - 20 of 20 Posts