Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Mercedians,

I hope you all hang in there.

I come with a need of advice regarding some scratches my wife did (i swear is true). Is some kit outhere you tried and is good for this kind of job ? Anyone with experience please an advice?Thank you!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Best of luck with a smart repair, I wanted these tiny scratches on the rear passenger door fixed and the smart repair company said it would need the whole door doing so they could not help and to contact a body shop. I was not overly impressed.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Best of luck with a smart repair, I wanted these tiny scratches on the rear passenger door fixed and the smart repair company said it would need the whole door doing so they could not help and to contact a body shop. I was not overly impressed.

View attachment 5841

View attachment 5842

View attachment 5843

Wow that sucks. Whole door for that.

My local detailer whom i use for maintenance car wash offers smart repair and they are pretty good at it. Ive seen them repair worse than op’s scratches with perfect finish. It definitely needs respraying but not the whole bumper.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ChipsAway did a very good job on my bumper, was the same place. These AMG front bumpers are very easy to catch at that point (and I am not too ashamed to admit it was me! 😊)
i`ll give it a go with chips away then...my local garage charge me 300£ for this... is there any tips i need to know before using chips away?thanks

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
ChipsAway did a very good job on my bumper, was the same place. These AMG front bumpers are very easy to catch at that point (and I am not too ashamed to admit it was me! 😊)
You are not wrong, I saw an A Class at my local dealer, it looked as if he had caught the front bumper whilst reversing and it had torn the whole quarter off, phew expensive 😱

·
Registered
447 Posts
i`ll give it a go with chips away then...my local garage charge me 300£ for this... is there any tips i need to know before using chips away?thanks
I would read as many online reviews as you can find of your local branch, as experiences may differ. But apart from that, I would recommend them any day.

·
Registered
Mercedes A220 4matic AMG Line Executive W177 / 2019
57 Posts
Hello Mercedians,

I hope you all hang in there.

I come with a need of advice regarding some scratches my wife did (i swear is true). Is some kit outhere you tried and is good for this kind of job ? Anyone with experience please an advice?Thank you! View attachment 5838
Unfortunately, but A class has a very low suspension and it's very easy to hit the curb.
In your case it is very visible because the paint color is white and underneath is black plastic
Try to polish with scratch remover manually first, little things will come down.
Then, unfortunately, first sand with 600 grade wet paper and try to paint over with a small brush 2 times. then polish after a few days.
I also scratched when climbing the curb but below and it is invisible.
This will probably happen more than once and wait for more to be done ...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.