Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I've recently bought an A180d AMG with advanced sound system option. When I'm checking the sound proofing of the car I've noticed a terrible resonation noise coming from the exhaust area when the volume set above 50 percent.

Equalizer of the audio system is set to flat since it's very basic (disappointing to be more accurate) and I have no control over the equalizer to set the sound for my liking. So I'm using dsp on my phone. Sound at the interior is great, deep and detailed. But at the outside, vibration is so terrible that makes the car sound like a piece of can.

I'd be really appreciated if you have any info/advice about this issue.

Video link is here

BTW sorry for the link. I couldn't manage to upload the video directly from my phone since I'm new to the forum :confused:

·
Super Moderator
4,244 Posts
It’s a common issue on ALL cars, given a certain volume and resonance of the music being played inside the car! 😂

it’s easily fixed though, check that the heat shield is still in one piece and hasn’t split, check that all heat shield fixings are secure, check that the heat shield hasn’t been deformed, and if necessary add additional fixings to stop it buzzing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts