Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stumbled upon a feature I haven't seen before - Camera View Mode in the center display. I think this may have been added with the FUP3 081 update. I haven't seen it mentioned before on the forum. And, there doesn't seem to be a way to manually access it. But, MBUX does respond to "Hey Mercedes, show camera view".
It seems a little different than what had been appearing in the past when the gear select was in Reverse. There are choices for front view with 360, and wide front view, in addition to the rear views. I have never seen front views before. I wonder if this is related to the new folder that people have seen for dashcam recordings?
I suppose it may have always been there. If so, I apologize for the false info. But, I never saw it before.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I stumbled upon a feature I haven't seen before - Camera View Mode in the center display. I think this may have been added with the FUP3 081 update. I haven't seen it mentioned before on the forum. And, there doesn't seem to be a way to manually access it. But, MBUX does respond to "Hey Mercedes, show camera view".
It seems a little different than what had been appearing in the past when the gear select was in Reverse. There are choices for front view with 360, and wide front view, in addition to the rear views. I have never seen front views before. I wonder if this is related to the new folder that people have seen for dashcam recordings?
I suppose it may have always been there. If so, I apologize for the false info. But, I never saw it before.
View attachment 7866 View attachment 7867
Tried this in my 250e premium but no luck. What option do you have on your vehicle?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tried this in my 250e premium but no luck. What option do you have on your vehicle?
The only options that I can think of that may have something to do with this new Camera View thing are the 360deg camera, active parking assist, and traffic sign recognition. (But, mostly the 360 camera.) I also think that the 081 MBUX sw update may have added/enabled something, as I never noticed this feature before.
This may be a prelude to the car's camera system having built-in dashcam functionality, which would be cool. I had the dealer install a front & rear drive recorder when we bought the car, for an add'l cost. (Dashcams are called "drive recorders" in Japan.) So, it will be a little annoying if it ends up with the functionality built in for free. OTOH, a little redundancy doesn't hurt, especially with safety related items.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
UK didn’t get the 360 camera option.
You have my sincere condolences.
Does that mean that when you are reversing into a parking space, you only get the rear view without the overhead view?
I've come to rely on the overhead view to confirm I'm straight and evenly spaced and between the lines.

BTW, we don't have AR Navi in Japan. So, you have the advantage there.
OTOH, we do have Active Parking Assist.

I wonder what other option availability differences there are between markets?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
UPDATE: I just discovered that I can manually access this view by pressing the Parking button next to the upper left of the touchpad.
It opens in Active Parking view. BUT, I can then select any of the views with the buttons on the left side of the screen.
As the UK models don't have the 360deg camera option, I wonder what the center screen shows when you UK owners press the Park button?
Can somebody post a pic?

·
Super Moderator
3,637 Posts
UK cars can also bring up the camera view with the P button, and have it activate automatically with R.

2 (or 3 depending on options fitted) rear views, Normal, Wide Angle (plus trailer hitch if fitted) view are available.

Cars with Active Parking Assist also show an overhead pictogram with the various distances and sensors around the car, where you have the overhead 360 composite shot.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
2 (or 3 depending on options fitted) rear views, Normal, Wide Angle (plus trailer hitch if fitted) view are available.
No forward view, even in vehicles fitted with front camera for AR Navi?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No. The forward view camera is above the MB Star in the grille, in the UK this is a blank.
What does it use for AR Navi, the windshield camera?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That AR Nav camera seems like a better location than the grill for front view. Nice spot for a built-in dashcam, as well.
But, maybe the grill location works better for 360deg. I imagine there's some reason for it to be there, rather than in the empty spot in the windshield camera cluster.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts