Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
A200 AMG Line Premium Package (2019)
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I recently bought a Mercedes A200 W177 2019 - one thing that I do not understand is that I am unable to close or open the windows through the app.

I can however, lock/unlock the car without any issues. Anyone have any idea if this is supposed to be like this? I live in the Netherlands.

Product Automotive lighting Font Rectangle Automotive design

Automotive parking light Vehicle Car Hood Automotive lighting

·
Registered
A200 AMG Line Premium Package (2019)
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We can’t in the Uk either. Don’t know if any other countries can
If it doesn’t work in the UK then I also believe it won’t work in the Netherlands. Quite a shame, now that the weather is getting warmer it would be nice to open the sunroof/windows to let all the heat escape before getting into the car from a distance.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Mine works on the the app and I'm from the UK. Closing oppeing ventilation sunroof. Aswell the windows Try maybe re-installing the app onto your phone it may work.

·
Premium Member
A35 Premium Plus
178 Posts
Mine also works via the app. Have you gone into services and made sure have have Remote purchased?

·
Super Moderator
5,779 Posts
This might be it. My car is from February 2019
It should still work. I would check with the dealer to see if there are any software updates required but as you can control other aspects of the car it should be able to open and shut the windows.

·
Super Moderator
5,779 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,779 Posts
I had a problem closing the windows from the app, my windows lock was active. Seemed to prevent the remote closing from working.
As pointed out by @ikon66 is yours a post May 2019 model.

·
Super Moderator
5,779 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I live in U.S.A and doesn’t work for me either. I have a 2021 C300 Convertible so I don’t think it has to do with age of car. I was curious if it worked for other models and did a google search and found this.

·
Super Moderator
5,779 Posts
I live in U.S.A and doesn’t work for me either. I have a 2021 C300 Convertible so I don’t think it has to do with age of car. I was curious if it worked for other models and did a google search and found this.
As in the post by @PRW. Are you able to check if you have paid for the service.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts