Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering cancelling my order ,
Not because of the waiting time ,because of lack of communication .

Now I understand that from order up until collection there isn't a lot they can tell me but I'm not even getting my calls returned .
I have changed a few things such as options and colour and every time I've been at the dealers , the last time they got the base price wrong and it took me 2 weeks to get hold of the sales guy the showroom is nearly an hour away and I'm not driving the every time so this was on the phone to correct the price and to add another option.I asked him to send me a revised order stating the above and that was 2weeks ago now ,tried to call him yesterday and emailed him also then again today and nothing .my concern is that on the 20th I can't change anything so I want to dot the I,s and cross the t,s as they say. Nothing

So if they can't be bothered to even reply or return calls and emails I'm worried that if there's a problem with the car what chance do u stand to get it fixed.

So as I've not signed any finance paper work , will it be a problem to cancel , apart from trying to get the £500 deposit back .

Any way I'm off to audi tomorrow
to see what offers are on

·
Registered
100 Posts
My advice, complain to the general sales manager, had a similar problem until I complained then they couldn't do enough for me car was fast tracked. The car then arrived and boy'o'boy it was worth it, the car is brilliant.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Viking65 said:
My advice, complain to the general sales manager, had a similar problem until I complained then they couldn't do enough for me car was fast tracked. The car then arrived and boy'o'boy it was worth it, the car is brilliant.
Funny that
Just got the same advise of my niece who has just left MB

On the fone tomorrow

Cheers

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
iopean said:
Out of interest, which dealer are you using?
Lancaster of lakeside .essex

I've been to audi today and test drove a TTS line , I've always liked the shape of them and never considered buying 1 until now. I have arranged a deal and explained the situation with him.
I have also called MB again and asked to talk to the sales manager and guess what , not there so I've explained my position to the receptionist who will once again send an email .
I've told them that I have another deal sorted and if I don't hear back by end of play tomorrow I cancelling and want deposit back .

The audi is on the boat and available for the end of the month, just have to let him know

Audi. TT s line ,black ,coupe 1.8 petrol 160 . Comfort pack , tech pack,
£1000 more than the a class but there giving £3600 deposit allowance so its nearly the same p/ m

When and if he does call he's got a lot of arse kissing and freebie throwing to sweetening me up now

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
It's a shame the dealership are ruining the experience for you. It's not how I would want to betreatedwhen parting with all that cash.

I've always liked the look of the TT - from the very first one until now but always a bit too small for what I need. The only thing I will say against the TT is that a new one is expected out next year...

·
Registered
629 Posts
As Dan says - they are launching the all new TT in 2014 so there will be some huge discount easily available.

I've come to the A from a 2011 TT S Line and I love my Merc more. The TT was nice, I'm glad I owned one and I can't fault it for quality/reliability but I don't miss the crashing ride and the very long doors making it hard to get in and out of. Bear in mind it is basically 2006 technology!

Complain to the Manager and if you don't get a good feeling from his initial response, cancel. Don't make a rash decision on what to go for instead though!

Worth thinking about.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
mon2s said:
As Dan says - they are launching the all new TT in 2014 so there will be some huge discount easily available.

I've come to the A from a 2011 TT S Line and I love my Merc more. The TT was nice, I'm glad I owned one and I can't fault it for quality/reliability but I don't miss the crashing ride and the very long doors making it hard to get in and out of. Bear in mind it is basically 2006 technology!

Complain to the Manager and if you don't get a good feeling from his initial response, cancel. Don't make a rash decision on what to go for instead though!

Worth thinking about.
Thanks for the advise ,
I'm waiting on a call , I'm a ford man and this was a big step up and I was expecting more from an MB dealer but I'm shocked I must admit I luv the merc and don't really want to but I'm not being mugged of I have to wait for a response .

I feel some freebies coming on

·
Registered
34 Posts
Not just me then!

This is my first MB and also a big step up. Can't believe how shocking the after sales service
has been at my dealership. I have a 2 month dispute with them over
some damage that was "repaired" prior to me taking delivery. I took it back but
the "right person" wasn't there to view it but they would call me back.
They didn't and didn't respond to my calls or email. So I wrote them a
letter giving them 7 days to respond or I would take them to court under
the sale of goods act. No response. Before doing so I contacted
Mercedes customer support and they have been nothing but brilliant and
are as annoyed with the dealership as I am. My contact was lost for
words at one point due to the lies she had been told. Anyway, they had a
rollocking from MB and suprise suprise I had a letter saying they are
going to repair the damage properly. I had contact with them last week
to arrange a date for it to be done and guess what? I'm still waiting
for a response to confirm a date after ignoring my email (copied to
senior management) chasing it up. As it is still ongoing I can't give
too many details publicly but I just can't understand their mentality.
Things go wrong but it's how you deal with them that matters. After
this, why would I even dream of going back? Sorry to hijack the thread - I feel better now getting that off my chest!

To be fair and redress the balance, the car is brilliant, MB customer support are too and the 24hr assist is great - I had a brand new c class replacement while mine was in for diagnostics. I'm mystified why MB don't flaunt this more in their ads. It's better than RAC and absolutely free.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I gave MB to today to contact me and nothing so I've been to BMW and had a offer of an M sport 2.0 fully loaded for delivery now but its out of my budget so 1series hi spec also but no xenons but good deal, armed with these offers back to audi and managed to get a TT s line with a few option s for £40 p/m less than the MB. It should be here by the end of the month

so I'm sorry to say that MB has lost a sale thru piss poor customer relations ,even the sales manager couldn't be bothered to return the call.

On a plus side , anybody want to buy some AMG door dock pins ( unused still in box ).

It's a shame because I was looking forward to the a class , so ill be emailing the salesman with instructions to cancel and be on the phone Monday trying to get deposit back which should be fun

·
Registered
100 Posts
Sorry to hear that, dealers can be the weak limk in a manufacturers chain, complain to them refunding your deposit might carry more weight. How much for the pins ?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts