Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

21 - 40 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi all,

Great to see your feedback and queries. I wanted to address a couple of things that came up:

- Send to car: This is in development and in the next few months there will be a function that allows you to discover and send a three word address to your car from the MercedesMe app on your phone. We will also include a push to MercedesMe from our app. This will be launched in the new iteration of MercedesMe (August).

- You do not need a vodafone tariff to enable what3words. However, you do need to activate 'global search' in your Mercedes MeConnect portal. This can be done in the 'manage services' section.

Finally, to follow on from my last post, MBUK have assured me that the outage issues of MeConnect re being addressed as a matter of urgency so that you can consistently use what3words to get to the right place every time.

Thanks and happy driving!

·
Registered
497 Posts
Thanks for clarifying; if only Mercedes would communicate with their customers!

Good to hear that further integration of W3W into MercedesMe is well under way.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I tried to send directly to my car from the w3w app. But when I do it says "error can't send to car as this is not an address"

I've found to get it to work I need to share with Google maps and then send to car.

I've then ran into problems with the car saying "road not mapped" even when I've moved the coordinates on w3w to the road (sometimes the 3x3m square isnt placed on near road). But even when move to a road it says road isn't mapped. Anyone else have this ?
Yes, you have to send to google maps and then to the car. I haven't yet had an error doing it this way. If you send via W3W app you get the "error cant send to car as this is not an address". Sending via Google maps inside W3W works fine for me so far, and I've tested it now around 20 times.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Sorry to be thick, but how do you send from Google maps to the car/Mercedes me?

·
Registered
64 Posts
hey thanks - but I don't have the Mereces me option as a destination in Google maps...

·
Registered
64 Posts
I tried that - but Mercedes me isn't in the list! Mind you i am having problems with the MM app at the moment!

·
Registered
497 Posts
I'm trying to work out how anybody is managing to send W3W locations to Me from anywhere, given that W3W says they are only now developing it now for launch in August......

Any address I send to car from Google maps simply brings up the message that this is 'not an address'. It didn't used to do this, maybe an issue of version.

I can only send an address to car directly from the Mobility function in Me.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi all,

It’s Charlie from what3words here. We corresponded a few months ago as you were asking about the MercedesMe app being able to accept three word addresses which you can then send to your car.

I’m delighted to say this function is now live in UK, France and Spain: ‎Mercedes me 2020

Sorry for the delay in getting this live but I hope you find it useful and do let me know if you have any question or want to share any feedback

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
I tried to send directly to my car from the w3w app. But when I do it says "error can't send to car as this is not an address"

I've found to get it to work I need to share with Google maps and then send to car.

I've then ran into problems with the car saying "road not mapped" even when I've moved the coordinates on w3w to the road (sometimes the 3x3m square isnt placed on near road). But even when move to a road it says road isn't mapped. Anyone else have this ?
I Have exactly the same problem

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Hi all,

It’s Charlie from what3words here. We corresponded a few months ago as you were asking about the MercedesMe app being able to accept three word addresses which you can then send to your car.

I’m delighted to say this function is now live in UK, France and Spain: ‎Mercedes me 2020

Sorry for the delay in getting this live but I hope you find it useful and do let me know if you have any question or want to share any feedback
I have tried to install this app but it tells me it is just for Apple, is this right

·
Registered
558 Posts
The Me 2020 app is also available for Android on Google Play, but only for version 8 and up.

Reactions: Macgd016

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
It seems to have updated to 2.13.11-873 but it still does not send the location to the car, it continues to say it's not an address

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm not with the car this week, out of curiosity does anyone know if the Nav works with Plus Code? - I personally can't abide the idea of using / supporting W3W; closed-source, monitised, language barrier, technologically flawed etc.

·
Super Moderator
1,907 Posts
W3w works perfectly for me if i send it to the car via the new MM app. Turn car on and its in the top left corner. I think its the messages box. Really great tool ?

21 - 40 of 93 Posts