Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

41 - 60 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
W3w works perfectly for me if i send it to the car via the new MM app. Turn car on and its in the top left corner. I think its the messages box. Really great tool ?
Indeed, if you type the 3 words in the Mercedes Me App directly and then send it from the MM App, it works. For that, you need to find out the 3 words before in the other app and then come back to the MMe App.
BUT, if you use the What3Word app to locate he destination and then try to send it to the car via sharing it through the MMe App then it doesn't. Too bad, because it would be faster :)

As mentioned above, it's indicating that it's not an address.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Indeed, if you type the 3 words in the Mercedes Me App directly and then send it from the MM App, it works. For that, you need to find out the 3 words before in the other app and then come back to the MMe App.
BUT, if you use the What3Word app to locate he destination and then try to send it to the car via sharing it through the MMe App then it doesn't. Too bad, because it would be faster :)

As mentioned above, it's indicating that it's not an address.
?????? Now that's what I call integration........not ???

Many thanks for the clarification though.

This is a very simple thing to put right....come on MB pull your finger out, this sort of shoddy programming makes the marque look really second rate

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
W3w works perfectly for me if i send it to the car via the new MM app. Turn car on and its in the top left corner. I think its the messages box. Really great tool ?
Hi @steve_3939 when you say you're able to send W3W to the car via the MM app, how do you do this? I can send addresses from the MM app to the car, but haven't worked out how to send the W3W location...

·
Registered
36 Posts
@AThirtyFive First, you need to get the W3W code. Once you have it:
Screen1.jpg
On the home menu of the MM App, click on he Arrow (on mine, in France, it's bottom right corner) as circled in the thumbnail above.
You can then simply type the W3W code:

And finally, once the code is entered, "Send it to the car":

I Haven't found a way to get the W3W code directly from the MM App though. I don't know if it's possible.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
First, you need to get the W3W code. Once you have it:
View attachment 4967
On the home menu of the MM App, click on he Arrow (on mine, in France, it's bottom right corner) as circled in the thumbnail above.
View attachment 4968

View attachment 4969

I Haven't found a way to get the W3W code directly from the MM App though. I don't know if it's possible.
Thanks @Sebbe. No I haven't seen a way to search for the W3W code in the MM app either. But I didn't know you could send the code if you already have it, so this is useful info.

Reactions: Sebbe

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
@AThirtyFive First, you need to get the W3W code. Once you have it:
View attachment 4967
View attachment 4968

View attachment 4969

Thanks for showing us the way @Sebbe but to be honest it's all too much of a faff. A few simple lines of code would sort this all out so that we could just send the address direct from w3w to Mercedes me & on to the car.

I can only assume MB are too busy sorting out the bugs in the MBUX to have time for this.

Lucky the A Class isn't an autonomous car ??

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Thanks for showing us the way @SebbeLucky the A Class isn't an autonomous car ??
Haha mine is... well semi autonomous LOL. Mind you I wouldn’t trust it 100%

·
Super Moderator
1,907 Posts
Select random address. Pinpoint on satellite view. Click share. Select MM. click send to car. It the appears when you get in car on the screen.
CDB74EC3-5AF5-4954-8478-254DD4046811.png
DCB41D9F-2651-458B-B995-CE4F71DB8F0C.jpeg
22925156-81D9-4388-9C95-8AD92C29C458.jpeg
CDB74EC3-5AF5-4954-8478-254DD4046811.png
DCB41D9F-2651-458B-B995-CE4F71DB8F0C.jpeg
22925156-81D9-4388-9C95-8AD92C29C458.jpeg

·
Super Moderator
1,907 Posts
Just out of interest, do you have these selected in Bluetooth settings
DE06DFA3-BD38-40DA-A8D5-E24117EE323A.png

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Select random address. Pinpoint on satellite view. Click share. Select MM. click send to car. It the appears when you get in car on the screen. View attachment 4971 View attachment 4972 View attachment 4973 View attachment 4971 View attachment 4972 View attachment 4973
Thanks for the additional info @steve_3939

So just as @Sebbe posted, there is no way to lookup W3W location codes directly from within the MM app but you can share/copy the address from the W3W app to the MM app then send to the car. TBH, it's good enough although it would be even better if you could do everything within the MM app itself.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Select random address. Pinpoint on satellite view. Click share. Select MM. click send to car. It the appears when you get in car on the screen. View attachment 4971 View attachment 4972 View attachment 4973 View attachment 4971 View attachment 4972 View attachment 4973
It started to work for me after i activated ‘Forward Anonymised Data’ in services on Mercedes Me app. I can now share location directly from W3W app via share sheet.
Im running iOS 13.4 Beta on iPhone 11 Pro.

·
Super Moderator
1,907 Posts
Thanks for the additional info @steve_3939

So just as @Sebbe posted, there is no way to lookup W3W location codes directly from within the MM app but you can share/copy the address from the W3W app to the MM app then send to the car. TBH, it's good enough although it would be even better if you could do everything within the MM app itself.
I think you are 100% correct ?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yes - but sometimes (and, of course, often when you need it the most!), I get a message that says something like 'car cannot be found'. I suspect that this may be because the car is parked somewhere where it is not getting a decent mobile phone signal.

·
Super Moderator
1,907 Posts
Yes - but sometimes (and, of course, often when you need it the most!), I get a message that says something like 'car cannot be found'. I suspect that this may be because the car is parked somewhere where it is not getting a decent mobile phone signal.
I have had that but on clicking retry it succeeded.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi all,

I wanted to introduce myself as the representative at what3words for the partnership with Mercedes. It’s great to see discussion about using three word addresses for navigation in your A-classes but I wanted to address some of the problems that a couple of you are having.

I understand from Mercedes-Benz UK that MercedesMe Connect has been down since Wednesday which would explain why there have been issues recently. I have been promised an update for when this is solved so will update here.

I am also attaching to this post the instructions that we have created at what3words about what needs to be enabled for three word address entry to be possible and the various ways you can enter (voice & text).

We produced this video:
which could also be useful.

For those who have already used what3words in your A-class, I would welcome any feedback or stories that you may have. I will also be happy to answer any questions.

Thanks,
Charlie
Thanks for the useful information. I have used what3words on my A-class but wonder how I can attach/change label associated with a destination (as it is difficult to remember the 3 words for each saved location). Thank you

41 - 60 of 93 Posts