Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

61 - 80 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
A200d Prem+ DAP
236 Posts
I know this isn’t a direct answer to your question but you can save W3W locations directly on the W3W app. You can use separate lists and folders to group locations into meaningful lists. Then, when you want to use one of them share it with the MMe app

·
Super Moderator
3,852 Posts
Or you can add w3w destinations in your MBUX favourites, where you can call it a sensible name, eg: Mistress, Office, Club etc

·
Registered
5 Posts
Or you can add w3w destinations in your MBUX favourites, where you can call it a sensible name, eg: Mistress, Office, Club etc
When I save it to MBUX favourites, it saves with the same name. How can I change it? Options only allow for delete, as far as I can see.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I know this isn’t a direct answer to your question but you can save W3W locations directly on the W3W app. You can use separate lists and folders to group locations into meaningful lists. Then, when you want to use one of them share it with the MMe app
Thanks. In fact, that is what I do now!

·
Registered
252 Posts
I tried sharing from the W3W app through Mercedes Me to my parents. It actually sent the directions to a place Canada! I am in the UK! Such a shame that this does not work as it was supposed to.

·
Registered
A200d Prem+ DAP
236 Posts
It’s strange how different people can have different experiences. I’ve never had any issues with W3W although the MBUX navigation can be a little creative if you nominate a destination that is not on a road

·
Registered
5 Posts
Press and hold on the name in favourites, this will give you options to rename etc.
Thanks for your help. When I press and hold, a window pops up which says OPTIONS but below it only shows the Option od DELETE. I have an A class 2018 reg car.

·
Super Moderator
3,852 Posts
Thanks for your help. When I press and hold, a window pops up which says OPTIONS but below it only shows the Option od DELETE. I have an A class 2018 reg car.
Hmm. Mine gives me the option to rename, delete and something else.

FUP2 and FUP3 has these choices under Options.

·
Registered
A200d Prem+ DAP
236 Posts
I’ve just had a play around with mine (FUP2) and if I have selected Favorites from within Navigation and choosing a route, I only have the Delete option if I long press on an entry.

However, if I have the Home menu displayed with the focus on Nav and then scroll down past Suggestions to the Favorites section, I can long press on any entry and have the three options that @veeeight refers to

·
Super Moderator
3,852 Posts
Yes, I pressed the Favourites ("Star") * button on the side of the touchpad - and got to Favourites that way, then found the entry I wanted to rename, then long pressed to get the 3 options. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hmm. Mine gives me the option to rename, delete and something else.

FUP2 and FUP3 has these choices under Options.
Apologies. I have now worked it out (finally). I was trying to rename favourites within navigation and this allows only one option of delete. Did not know of the scrolling down from the main screen. When accessing favourites after scroll down, the options also include rename. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
3,852 Posts
Did not know of the scrolling down from the main screen.
Or just press the * button on the side of the trackpad, this is a shortcut to favourites!

My first favourite is "Display Off" - so I can quickly switch off the display at night when I don't need it, with 2 presses/clicks.

·
Super Moderator
1,907 Posts
Or just press the * button on the side of the trackpad, this is a shortcut to favourites!

My first favourite is "Display Off" - so I can quickly switch off the display at night when I don't need it, with 2 presses/clicks.
Do you have the option for understated on the 35?
This turns of display and seriously calms down drivers display.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Last week I was able to send directions from the W3W app through Mercedes Me to the car. This week it is not working. Not sure if it something to do with the infotainment update from last week. Anybody else not able to send. I say send, the app sends but the car is not receiving.

Just wondered if someone else could try and let me know?

·
Super Moderator
3,852 Posts
Last week I was able to send directions from the W3W app through Mercedes Me to the car. This week it is not working. Not sure if it something to do with the infotainment update from last week. Anybody else not able to send. I say send, the app sends but the car is not receiving.

Just wondered if someone else could try and let me know?
I tried it this morning, sent a W3W location from the iOS App, to the car via MMe. Worked OK for me .

61 - 80 of 93 Posts