Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
121 - 138 of 138 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,638 Posts
My phone's so old the update probably didn't make any difference to mine so nothing stopped working.

·
Registered
A200 AMG Line Premium Polar White
118 Posts
Just tried my W3W and also not working just got no “Internet connection” as other posts. But I could copy and past the 3 words onto MMe app and then send it to the car okay. W3W. 4.16
MMe. 1.19.4
iOS. 15.4

·
Super Moderator
5,638 Posts
If 15.4 is causing it not to work for some of us it’s worth flagging to Apple and MB.

·
Registered
A200d Prem+ DAP
293 Posts
I’m now on iOS v15.4.1 but no change - still cannot share W3W locations.
I’ve raised the issue with W3W who say it’s a Mercedes Me issue and I’ve now raised this with Mercedes Me too.
It’ll probably be fixed by the time we’ve replaced our cars as Mercedes seem to be fixated on improvements to the app for hybrid drivers only. Let’s see

·
Administrator
5,224 Posts
I must admit I don’t tend to share from the W3W app.

My normal route is to find the place I want to go to using the Google maps app - and then share and send to car from Google maps.

@Reteb if you try Sharing from Google maps or Apple maps - it should tell you if it’s a W3W app problem or iOS problem?

·
Super Moderator
5,638 Posts
I just noticed that 15.4.1 is available too. I wonder if mine will stop like the rest of you once I download it.

·
Registered
A200d Prem+ DAP
293 Posts
I must admit I don’t tend to share from the W3W app.

My normal route is to find the place I want to go to using the Google maps app - and then share and send to car from Google maps.

@Reteb if you try Sharing from Google maps or Apple maps - it should tell you if it’s a W3W app problem or iOS problem?
Yes, sharing from any other mapping app works. It’s only sharing from W3W that doesn’t. But the message about ‘No internet connection’ is coming from MercedesMe I believe.

·
Super Moderator
5,638 Posts
maybe it will work on your iPod? 😂😂
I'm too embarrassed to say which number iPhone but am sure Fred Flintstone's was a higher number.

Reactions: steve_3939

·
Registered
2018 V177 A180d Auto
5 Posts
I’m plagued by this message when trying to send to my car, usually a what3words link or postcode etc to use for navigation. So for example I find a location on the what3words app, press share location etc and select the option to send to Mercedes Me.

I get it if I’m away from the car but I still get the message if I’m in the car, the iphone is obviously connected and is showing 4G and numerous bars etc. And I try and send it whilst in the car.

The obvious answer would be to ask Mercedes Me to navigate to what3words but it continually doesn’t recognise my gruff northern accent. With this I try and type it in but I can find a comma to use between each word but not a full stop?

Rectangle Font Line Parallel Technology

121 - 138 of 138 Posts