Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Vendor
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a handful of months of development, were happy to bring out a couple Carbon pieces that will retrofit to the vast majority of A class's.

As a lot of you will have known by now, the facelift A45 included rear bumper flicks in black plastic. This has been quite a popular retrofittable part but unfortunately Mercedes have now put the price up from £30 to over £200 for 2 pieces of plastic! Not to worry, we've got some Carbon versions for less at £199.

Here are a couple photo's to wet your appetite

Joining the rear bumper flicks is the rear arch Carbon Fibre Splash guards. These double up with 2 functions, for A/CLA classes with 19" wheels they add width to keep the wheels inside the body work for legality reasons. Another added bonus is they dramatically reduce how much spray escapes the arch which normally gets flung down the back of the bumper as well as helping reduce stones and other debris coming off the tyre.

A few pics

All parts are now available on our online store -http://carbonwurks.com/product-category/mercedes-benz/a-class/

Any questions or comments, do reply!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Look good Dan!

Are the Rear Splash Guards laminated like the mirrors or are they more like the Front Guards?

Any discount if I buy both? ¼

M

·
Vendor
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Many thanks!

Both the rear bumper flicks and rear splash guards are CFRP parts (Carbon Fibre Reinforced Polymer) which basically means they are carbon fibre with an E-Glass weave for a backing which increases strength without adding too much cost.

I'm sure I could come up with a package price for both the bumper flicks and rear splash guards.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Cheers for the update,I meant for the Front Carbon Arch Guards and Rear Carbon Splash Guards""¦</span>

Sorry for any confusion

M

·
Vendor
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MWC88 said:
Cheers for the update,I meant for the Front Carbon Arch Guards and Rear Carbon Splash Guards""¦</span>

Sorry for any confusion

M

That's quite alright. I'm sure I can again sort something out for you there. Drop me a PM and can talk about which versions you fancied. The front Arch guards are of course anodised aluminium and different versions have a 4D carbon wrap on either side.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I know the splash guards replicate the standard equipment but I would like to have had slightly longer ones (but still thin) that would have prevented more stone ships and dirty splashes on the rear.Although I'm happy with the front mud guards, I personally would have liked them a touch wider as cringe every time I hear a stone flick up onto the bodywork..Just some thoughts....not meant to be criticism.

·
Vendor
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
wyliecoyote said:
I know the splash guards replicate the standard equipment but I would like to have had slightly longer ones (but still thin) that would have prevented more stone ships and dirty splashes on the rear.Although I'm happy with the front mud guards, I personally would have liked them a touch wider as cringe every time I hear a stone flick up onto the bodywork..Just some thoughts....not meant to be criticism.

The issue with the rear splash guards, as a few people have found, they do get ripped off. I've made the splash guards quite stiff so shouldn't flex and combined with a very heavy duty tape they will stay bolted, if they were much bigger though they may not last.

The front guards in an ideal world would be another inch wider but there becomes a trade off from looking subtle and purposeful to being huge and stopping every stone. Again, a similar issue with the guards staying in position with them being exposed if they were much wider. I do have a tester for some "off-road" spec guards, they aren't as sleek and stylish but would stop a brick being flung up off the tyres
If they work well then I shall put them into development.

·
Vendor
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
darkoj said:
Hello, does the rear flicks fit also on Mercedes CLA45 bumper? Thnx for answer.

Hello, unfortunately the bumper of the CLA is completely different and these won't fit

1 - 9 of 9 Posts