Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fitted these at the same time I had the ceramic coating put on my car and they are brilliant, both in looks and practicality.

Thought I would do a quick install guide just in case anyone is worried about how to fit them (they are simple by the way).

I went for the carbon fibre edition 1 set with the trim tools included (excuse the tablecloth!).

To start use the fork type tool to remove the inner pin part of both grommets on the inside lower arch.

Once you've pulled these out the outer part of both grommets need to be removed. Use the standard trim type remover for these.

You'll be left with both the inner/outer parts of the grommet.

Next pull the arch away and clean behind here with an all-purpose cleaner.

Next use the supplied cleaning wipe to clean the inside arch where the guard will be stuck to the arch (you can see where I've cleaned on the arch by the slightly darker areas).

Next pull the arch liner back and slide the arch guard into place.

Once in place put the outside part of the grommet back into the arch liner.

Then get hold of the Mrs hairdryer and heat the tape up.

Then remove the film, starting at the top peeling down to the bottom.

Once removed position the guard into place, then stick the guard to the inner arch holding it down for at least a minute.

Once stuck down simply insert the inner pin part on both grommets.

And sit back and admirer how good they look!

·
Vendor
987 Posts
Brilliant write up there! Exactly how they should be installed and some really clear photos too. Thanks for posting up, much appreciated

I would love to use one of those photos on our Instagram, would you be ok with that? If you have an Instagram account, we shall tag you in.

Thanks again, many people will find this really useful

·
Super Moderator
2,020 Posts
Received mine yesterday. Nice tutorial. Will be fitting them with a bit more confidence at the weekend.

·
Vendor
987 Posts
steve_3939 said:
Received mine yesterday. Nice tutorial. Will be fitting them with a bit more confidence at the weekend.

Glad they arrive safely

They are very easy to install, the main thing is making sure the arch is super clean and also using a hairdryer or heat gun to get the tape and arch warm. It cold out now!

·
Vendor
987 Posts
elz230 said:
Please use whichever photos you want. I'm not on instagram so no need to tag. Cheers.

I forgot to post up here with your picture that is on our Instagram page. Thanks again for the detailed write up and photos

·
Registered
383 Posts
Can I see any were how to take these front and rear splash guards off as I have bought new 45 and want to put them on it cheers

·
Vendor
987 Posts
Irish boy said:
Can I see any were how to take these front and rear splash guards off as I have bought new 45 and want to put them on it cheers

Removal is the opposite of fitting, no special methods other than perhaps using a small amount of heat to warm the tape up that may help with peeling them off.

·
Registered
94 Posts
When will this be made for the new A class W177, i would really like to add this to my car!

Also is it the same product for both front and back?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Ive just ordered as am getting so many stones flick up. Does the wheel need to be removed to fit these?

·
Super Moderator
2,020 Posts
No. Just put on full lock to suit which side your doing 👍

1 - 14 of 14 Posts