Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Is this something you have discussed with MB research and development or is it just your opinion I wonder.

Either way unless early cars cannot be upgraded beyond FU1 it is in MB and the customers best interest to upgrade the car to the most up to dated software release as this is the one that is currently being supported.

It is quite possible of course that MB have not written automated scripts to update vehicles direct from pre FU1 to the latest software version and therefore need to implement each update individually but this is not something that the customer should be burdened with.

As @Chevy has said, contact tech support and they should know whether the car has the correct hardware and be able to instruct the dealer how to do this painlessly.
Thank you!

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
MB Service Manager relayed that info to me, from his workshop guidance notes.
Some of us have less propensity to ‘opinion’, more ‘fact’. Wonder no more.

Not to do with automated scripts, it is common in the IT world to upgrade from pre-requisites of certain software/firmware levels, if you take Cisco for example, every software/firmware upgrade is accompanied by notes that stipulate which level of firmware/software must be present, before upgrading to the latest version. Hence not going directly to FU3 from original MBUX software level.

The customer wasn’t burdened with anything, M-B Technical correctly advised the customer that his car needed to be implemented with FU1 in order to get ‘Store’, which would have enabled them to purchase ACP/AA (if their car had the relevant hardware). From there the upgrade from FU1 to FU3 would have been invisible to the customer as the dealer would perform this as a next step, their Xentry would have told them on the screen that the update was available and pre-requisites met.
You seem to have missed the point which is that the customer should not need to be burdened with the intricacies of what is needed to give his car the functionality he is looking for. He has asked how he can obtain a particular function, the answer should be either you can't because your car does not have the required hardware or book it in with your dealer and we will will get it sorted for you sir.

Fortunately @Rjm_96 seems to have this in hand now so hopefully he will have his functionality soon.

·
Super Moderator
4,336 Posts
You seem to have missed the point which is that the customer should not need to be burdened with the intricacies of what is needed to give his car the functionality he is looking for. He has asked how he can obtain a particular function, the answer should be either you can't because your car does not have the required hardware or book it in with your dealer and we will will get it sorted for you sir.
You seem to have missed the point that the customer was indeed, NOT burdened with any intricacies of what was needed.

He was told, by M-B CMS - to get the FU1 upgrade. That's all he was told. One instruction.

Everything else, including "Mercedes are out of touch, FU3 is the latest", you might not have the hardware necessary etc. came from this forum, not M-B.

Everything else, including the subsequent upgrade path to FU3, is invisible to the customer. At no point was the customer "burdened" with any of that info.

M-B gave the customer one instruction - get the car updated to FU1 to achieve ACP/AA.

·
Registered
11 Posts

Fortunately @Rjm_96 seems to have this in hand now so hopefully he will have his functionality soon.
You're right, it's been almost a week now, spoken to about 10 different people. I may be getting somewhere with this now, but ill see and let you all know of the outcome. Thank you for your help. Ps. I'm a woman 😂

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I finally received my MBUX update today and it now runs version ntg6/081which I believe is FU3.

Even with a Mercedes Me case number they had no idea why I was requesting an MBUX update and knew little to nothing about it. The service department even rang me after leaving in the car to ascertain what was wrong with the MBUX in the car!

It’s amazing how little Mercedes staff know about the MBUX system. This whole situation kicked off when I was sold the car with the promise that it came with Apple CarPlay when it didn’t!

·
Registered
3 Posts
You must Lodge your complaint with the Office of Fair Trading. They’re onto this and has been in contact with Mercedes-Benz Australia for a solution.

Lodge your complaint with Mercedes-Benz, Mario Camassa.
[email protected]
Lodge your complaint with the Office of Fair Trading.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I finally received my MBUX update today and it now runs version ntg6/081which I believe is FU3.

Even with a Mercedes Me case number they had no idea why I was requesting an MBUX update and knew little to nothing about it. The service department even rang me after leaving in the car to ascertain what was wrong with the MBUX in the car!

It’s amazing how little Mercedes staff know about the MBUX system. This whole situation kicked off when I was sold the car with the promise that it came with Apple CarPlay when it didn’t!
Were you now able to install Carplay and Android Auto?

·
Registered
1 Posts

Any updates regarding your CarPlay?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I bought an AMG A35 2021 in August 2021 in Canada.

Does anyone know if Mercedes will provide Wireless CarPlay through an MBUX update for this model year ?

If not, I will have to purchase a wireless adapter. Can someone recommend a good one that is small / not apparent in the vehicle ? (maybe I will have to place it in the center console if it's possible).

I can't believe Mercedes is not offering wireless Carplay in such an expensive car when my 2018 BMW 330 Xi had it standard....

·
Super Moderator
4,336 Posts
Does anyone know if Mercedes will provide Wireless CarPlay through an MBUX update for this model year ?
Extremely unlikely.

Development on MBUX v1 (as fitted to A-Class) is now pretty much plateaued.

MBUX on S, E & C Class are a later generation.

See these threads for Wireless options:

·
Registered
2021 A45s in mountain grey.
101 Posts
I wish CarPlay was better then I would use it all the time. There’s so much lag it’s unusable, still the same using iOS 15.01

·
Registered
17 Posts
I wish CarPlay was better then I would use it all the time. There’s so much lag it’s unusable, still the same using iOS 15.01
Very surprised you have lag on Carplay. Working perfectly fine for me.

But I like the Mercedes interface as well. I feel it works better for initiating phone calls.

·
Super Moderator
4,336 Posts
I can't say I've experienced lag with Carplay on the occasions I have used it. Try another cable?

iOS15.0.2 update fixes

·
Registered
2021 A45s in mountain grey.
101 Posts
I can't say I've experienced lag with Carplay on the occasions I have used it. Try another cable?

iOS15.0.2 update fixes

I noticed the iOS bug fixes but not had chance to try it yet, same goes with the cable I’ve got a new one to try. Fingers crossed they fix the issue 👍👍

21 - 37 of 37 Posts