Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Got my A Class Friday very happy with it.

Thinking about paying for the Carplay just wanted to check:

- Does it launch when you connect your iPhone via the USB C port or do you have to go in to the menu every time you start the car?

- I know it isn’t full screen yet for the 10inch screens but does it look really awful and distorted or is it decent enough? If anyone has a picture of what it looks like would be great.

Only reason I’d like it is the ability to use the Spotify app and Waze on the entertainment screen!

Thanks!

·
Registered
227 Posts
1. it launches automatically, although you can easily connect by tapping a new icon that appears at the top of the MBUX screen. I often run it this way because the first thing I want to do is de-select lane assist, before starting CarPlay!

2. It looks great on the 7" screen but I don't have the 10" to comment.

3. Spotify works well and now its even better as Siri can be used for Spotify (iOS 13).

4. Just a few other things I use - I find Apple Maps far superior than MBUX maps. Also making/receiving calls via siri works well as does messaging. You can use CarPlay and MBUX features at the same time - ie: spotify while displaying MBUX maps or MBUX radio while using Apple Maps. I also stream both music and audiobooks from my own Plex server, if that's your thing.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Scroll down for pic iOS 13 on 10"

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I have the 10" screen and I think ACP looks fine. Obviously it would look better full screen (here's hoping MB finally sort this out), but even truncated it looks fine and I use it all the time as I much prefer using Spotify and Audible via ACP, and occasionally use Waze instead of MBUX as the live traffic updates are second to none on Waze.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I have a USB stick full of my music. I leave it plugged in & it even allows me to ask for song/album/artist via the Linguatronic. I'm happy with the inbuilt Mercedes satnav so I didn't have any need for CarPlay.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have a USB stick full of my music. I leave it plugged in & it even allows me to ask for song/album/artist via the Linguatronic. I'm happy with the inbuilt Mercedes satnav so I didn't have any need for CarPlay.
car play is nice because you can use your favourite gps app and see it in the car, no need for merc navi

·
Registered
436 Posts
car play is nice because you can use your favourite gps app and see it in the car, no need for merc navi
It's good if you want to use a separate navi but I'm happy with MBUX nav. In retrospect I wish I'd optioned it when I bought the car because you get the wireless charging but I have spare USB cables & adapters if I need to charge.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi all

I have an A250e Premium Plus with Apple CarPlay and supposedly wireless Apple CarPlay.

Is anyone else having trouble connecting their iPhone to Apple CarPlay with MBUX? I didn’t get a cable with the car so I’ve bought one, the phone charges but doesn’t connect.

I’ve tried everything so reaching out to see if anyone else has managed to solve thus

thanks

Matt

·
Registered
A250E Saloon Prem Plus
30 Posts
Hi Matt - I may be wrong as still waiting on delivery of my a250e - but I don’t think U.K. spec cars have wireless carplay (a shame)

Also, as I am sure you know, the connections are USB C type I believe so you will need a USB to USB C converter to connect (unless your phone is already USB C).

I am sure others more experienced can confirm/advise otherwise.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Matt - I may be wrong as still waiting on delivery of my a250e - but I don’t think U.K. spec cars have wireless carplay (a shame)

Also, as I am sure you know, the connections are USB C type I believe so you will need a USB to USB C converter to connect (unless your phone is already USB C).

I am sure others more experienced can confirm/advise otherwise.
Thanks Tim. Crazy that it’s not included! I bought a USB C cable from Amazon - still didn’t work.

·
Registered
A250E Saloon Prem Plus
30 Posts
Thanks Tim. Crazy that it’s not included! I bought a USB C cable from Amazon - still didn’t work.
Hopefully someone else can confirm no wireless.

did you get a USB C cable, or a USB/USB C converter? Think you need a converter that you plug into the car socket and then your regular phone cable connects to that.

These discussions help when preparing for my delivery in April!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hopefully someone else can confirm no wireless.

did you get a USB C cable, or a USB/USB C converter? Think you need a converter that you plug into the car socket and then your regular phone cable connects to that.

These discussions help when preparing for my delivery in April!
Didn’t get a lead with my car, I just bought an Apple iPhone lightning to USB c lead and Carplay works fine.

·
Super Moderator
1,794 Posts
Definitely no wireless Apple car play. Make sure the cable is plugged into the front USB port. The one under the sliding bit. Not under armrest.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts