Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, I recently purchased a Mercedes A200 Sport which didn't come with Android Auto/Carplay. I bought an 'activator' which I didn't realise until after testing it said it only did Apple Carplay. I put this into the OBD port and it gave me apple carplay and android auto which weren't previously displayed. The carplay worked fine which I tested out but the android auto didn't work at all despite testing with multiple android phones and testing multiple cables from third party to samsung official with the phone (all tested on new phones, Samsung S9, S10 etc). I expected this as the product said it didn't work with android auto, so I took it to a person locally who said they did mercedes a class android auto installations. They put an activator into the port that supposedly did work with android auto however after installing this onto the system it still did not work (despite testing multiple phones/cables). Essentially it shows up on the interface like you can click it but nothing happens when I plug my phone in apart from the phone charging. The person installing it said he'd had problems like this on earlier 2016 model mercedes and so was unable to install it, although mine is from May 2016. Is there any workaround for this at all does anybody know, or anyway I can fix this? From reading around online multiple things say you should be able to install on a 2016 model mercedes a class so I'm a bit confused!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi rdgroves. Did you ever get a resolution for this? Do you mind me asking where you purchased your activator from? I have the same issue and I am looking to buy an OBD activator if this method works. I want CarPlay in my 200d.
Thanks - Luke

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Guys, I recently purchased a Mercedes A200 Sport which didn't come with Android Auto/Carplay. I bought an 'activator' which I didn't realise until after testing it said it only did Apple Carplay. I put this into the OBD port and it gave me apple carplay and android auto which weren't previously displayed. The carplay worked fine which I tested out but the android auto didn't work at all despite testing with multiple android phones and testing multiple cables from third party to samsung official with the phone (all tested on new phones, Samsung S9, S10 etc). I expected this as the product said it didn't work with android auto, so I took it to a person locally who said they did mercedes a class android auto installations. They put an activator into the port that supposedly did work with android auto however after installing this onto the system it still did not work (despite testing multiple phones/cables). Essentially it shows up on the interface like you can click it but nothing happens when I plug my phone in apart from the phone charging. The person installing it said he'd had problems like this on earlier 2016 model mercedes and so was unable to install it, although mine is from May 2016. Is there any workaround for this at all does anybody know, or anyway I can fix this? From reading around online multiple things say you should be able to install on a 2016 model mercedes a class so I'm a bit confused!
I am very sorry to hear that this happened to you. In all likelihood, it is the activator problem. Where did you buy it from? I don't know if this problem is solved now. I am also looking for a carplay solution for my car. Greetings from a newbie.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all, I had the same problem with my A180d. Try to enable Bluetooth and USB tethering so that the Mercedes system can get access to your internet connection. You enable them in your android phone, in network settings.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi!
i have The same Problem.
car is 2016, radio is ntg5
Dealer said that they can’t activate CarPlay or android auto, So I ordered activation tool from aliexpress for ca25eur.
i did as instructions told me, radio showed diag for 10sec, then it restarted, but no android or CarPlay.
my next option is to send radio unit to Finland where some guy can do it for 250 euros, but I’d rather do cheaper options first.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts