Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hiya,

I was of a similar way of thinking coming from a car 5 years old, I originally specced mine with the 6 CD changer and thought of CDs as the way I'd be playing my music. Not that theres anything wrong with that.

But, I think Mercedes, and most other manufacturers have now caught up with the 2010+ media world and are expecting customers to be embracing a more digital way of experiencing their audio... Sounds poncy, but basically, it's digital files en-masse rather than a disc-per-album.

To simplify, "rip" your CDs onto mp3, wav, or wma (Use Windows Media Rip Option) and copy them onto a USB memory stick and use the USB port - you'll soon learn to use it and love the way ALL your music is on one device, rather than 50 CDs :)

Hope that helps.

Sonix
Edited by: Sonix

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
I have a 6 cd changer, mine works fine. I also connect my mobile via blutooth and that also plays music like an mp3 player! Why won't the cd's load Tazio? I had a little difficulty at first but it is ok now. Edited by: Lynne

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Thank you damedi, obviously too early in the morning for me! Lol! And on my mobile, doesn't work that well! Ha, ha!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have been using a usb stick and connecting my iphone to play tunes direct through blue tooth. The point is it comes with a cd player and most manufacturers have the common sense to design a space suitable to store them, but not mercedes!. If they are thnking as you suggest why go to he expense of providing a cd slot in the Audio 20. Given the extra space provided by eliminating a gear stick in the auto sytem, shortly they could gave provided a bespoke space for CDs- at best the space provided is awkward.
On other matters, inserting the usb stick horizontally is awkward and it is difficult to line it up to the hole. Much better the solution provided by a forum member a right angle hole so that the stick can be inserted vertically.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.