Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Does anyone know if theres a part number for the upper centre compartment lid (please see pictures for the compartment lid I mean
)

I emailed my guy at my local dealership but apparently he's on holiday leave :S but no one else at my dealership can be arse to answer my question

Edited by: Jyu

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
It's part of the smoking pack which is £50

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
I've got that part in my car, but I haven't got the smoking pack! So I don't think it is from that?

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
ah, I was told by my dealer it came with the smoking pack so I spec'd that when I placed the order.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
You are correct! My car is automatic, I bet all of us that have the cover, are all driving automatics! Well thought out! Legge!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Have to agree....mine is a manual gearbox and I have one main 'open' area

·
Registered
9 Posts
Mine has it too its just standard UK spec Sports model without smokers package.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
^ Which is why I want to see if I can get the lid to that compartment I think it complete the look. Shame I wasn't told it doesn't come with a lid otherwise I would of ordered smoking pack with my car. Then again my friend didn't know either haha and now he wanted to have that lid to complete the look. So he's contacted his local dealership and straightway the dealership said he will look into it for him.

·
Registered
305 Posts
think it's not that hard to change:

The hard part is to remove your like MB call it "storage space" it's with a screw from under.

As far as i can see in EPC

Partnumber for the storage box: A1766801250

·
Registered
14 Posts
Bit late to this one. But, I’ve recently brought an A class (registered end of 2019, 68plate). The handle of the compartment lid is very flimsy and snapped when I tried to open the compartment. Is there a replacement for this as mine is hanging by a thread, don’t know whether to use strong glue to hold it down

·
Registered
14 Posts
Sounds like a warranty claim.
By the way why is your car 68 plate if registered in late 2019? I would have expected it to be 69 plate?
That’s what I’m confused about. I’ve asked the dealer again today and that’s what he told me. So not sure if it was registered earlier in the year 🤷🏽‍♂️. Taking the car in next month, hopefully they can sort it out

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.