Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick one - I'm trying to change the front Pads and ive not seen calipers like these before. Usually you dont need to remove the calipers to change pads, but on these it seems you do. Can anybody give a guide to changing the pads please ? Assuming i have to take the pins out holding the pads and then pull the calipers off revealing the pads behind ?

Thanks for any help.

·
Administrator
5,237 Posts
It's the same process for A35 and A45s.

At the front of the caliper (facing the front of the car) are 2 bolts, top and bottom.

You have to unscrew these 2 bolts, replace them with guide bolts A177 589 04 15 00, then slide the caliper towards the front of the car onto these guide bolts.

Then you can remove the pads.

If you don't have the guide bolts/pins you can just pull the caliper forward and let the pads fall out, lining up the calliper again might be slightly more tricky without.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's the same process for A35 and A45s.

At the front of the caliper (facing the front of the car) are 2 bolts, top and bottom.

You have to unscrew these 2 bolts, replace them with guide bolts A177 589 04 15 00, then slide the caliper towards the front of the car onto these guide bolts.

Then you can remove the pads.

If you don't have the guide bolts/pins you can just pull the caliper forward and let the pads fall out, lining up the calliper again might be slightly more tricky without.
thanks for that - didn’t realise about guide bolts - but worked it out after a bit of a go !

wasn’t as hard as it looked to start with !

D

·
Super Moderator
5,648 Posts
Can I ask, how miles had you done.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi there - 19,000 incl a few sessions on track. Mercedes have been trying to get me to change them for a year but I said I’d wait for the alert.

·
Super Moderator
5,648 Posts
19,000 incl a few sessions on track
That explains it as 19K is no mileage at all. I would guess to get the MB garage to do it would be around £350 for two.

·
Super Moderator
5,648 Posts
Really. £700 ish. I won't be tracking my car for sure.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts