Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have a 2005 a class automatic and Looking to sell it.
It has a new gearbox fitted by Mercedes under warranty in 2013. It also had its starter motor, fuel pump, gas pedal board changed under warranty in 2014 by Mercedes.
I also changed the exhaust as it was rusted with genuine part from Mercedes, new battery from Mercedes, and rear boot handle from Mercedes.
Just wondering selling it can I ask for more as it has these parts replaced with manufacturer?
It also has full Mercedes service history.
Thanks

·
Registered
430 Posts
The MB FSH will go well towards obtaining a good price, probably more than your parts replaced under manufacturers warranty. Also a plus is you used genuine MB parts but on a car 15yrs old it will be minimal.
I’ve just sold my 2013 aclass180 auto & after talking to a couple we befriended on holiday I contacted “we buy any car” as they rated them highly. They initially offered £1200 more than a trade in price the salesman was able to obtain (I bought a different make) They will give an on line price but will reduce the price when you go to one of their sites. Don’t accept their first offer. Walk away (they will hold the price for 7 days) they upped my price twice.
I achieved 48% of the buying price & on a car 6.5 yrs old. That’s good by any standards although I will accept the mileage of 23k was a big attraction & MB FSH also helped

1 - 2 of 2 Posts