Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I picked up my new A250 Sport from the Mercedes dealer in Dubai last Tuesday, brilliant car and really enjoying it.

I've done about 300 kms and the check Engine Oil Level message has come up a couple of times....has anyone else had this?

I would have thought that you first check the oil level around 1,000 kms.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply Legge.

The levels look okay. I guess it must be a sensor problem, its coming on a couple of times, but doesn't come back when I next start the car. I'll double check the levels again in the morning, just to make sure.

·
Registered
41 Posts
tip I got from my mechanic friend regarding oil leaks is to always park in a different location at home each night... even if this is just a case of parking front way in one night then reversing it into your space the next night... when you drive off, just check for a patch under your car. If theres a damp patch you should easily be able to tell if its oil or water.

it's a quick, easy, force of habit thing to do that can mean you spot a leak really early on.

that said, your problem sounds like a sensor issue. There is no way the dealership would let you drive away with a car that wouldn't make it through to its 1st year service.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi All,

I dropped by the Mercedes dealer yesterday for them to check this over, having checked the dipstick a few times over the last week and been satisfied that the levels are okay. They did their own check and stated the levels were within the parameter, but have added a 1/2 litre of oil for good measure. The computer then came back with the fault on the way back from the dealer, so it looks like there is a problem with the sensor.

Thanks for the tip on parking, I can't vary my parking position because of where I live and Dubai's obsession with parking stops (which the front bumper of the Merc won't clear). They do wash the car park floor almost everyday at home, so that should help identify if there's a problem with any leaks.

On a more positive note, very impressed with the speed of Service at Mercedes Dubai yesterday and the nice service centre. A huge improvement on the miserable Audi service I've suffered for the last 5 years.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.