Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying hard to get the pics up
Car's fantastic!!! I've never seen a white A Class close up and never had a test drive so when I saw it on the transporter I was gobsmacked! I tried to play it cool but soon got the camera out and started snapping!
Well worth the wait of 5 months although it didn't seem like it since beginning of November
Firm ride as would be expected of a Sport version but not uncomfortable. In fact it is more comfy than my previous Toyota Verso people carrier! It has a very good steering lock which is far better than the toyota (smaller turning circle). I've been helping somebody move house today so I've still only got 60 miles on the clock. I went to fill it up with a fuel card after it was delivered last night and they asked how many miles? I said 16 and she said "Yes?" I said that's it 16! brilliant feeling! got to get to grips with all the technology and my Becker Map Pilot is not giving me full post code. I hope that it just needs an upgrade from my PC. Steering is beautiful and light and I have stopped trying to pull a handbrake on that doesn't exist. Love the comfy wrap around feeling after sitting high up in a people carrier for 4 years. Lynne, your car is going to be so much of a culture shock to you you'll need your hubby stood by with a defibrulator! As you can tell the car has by far exceeded my expectations and just love it!!!
Enjoy the pics fron last night when it was delivered!

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Very nice mate, glad your happy & enjoy the drive

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can't believe I uploaded 6 or more pics but all I got was 1!!! Sorry I'll try again.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Edited by: Anzz

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cheers mates! fantastic car can't wait to start opening it up and really driving it!!! Won't want to let this go after 3 years but my wifes' BMW M Sport will be getting a bit old by then so we'll probably buy it for her!

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Having mine Wednesday, but I had to go and see it yesterday. It is fabulous even though it was very dirty. So glad you are happy with yours Anzz. I am a bit nervous now, it is such a beautiful, clever wonderful machine! I am sure I will be ok in a few days once I start to drive it! Good to know the move went well too btw!

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Lynne! It does take a few minutes to get used to no handbrake but you will be amazed with everything about the outside, inside and the drive! Just love it and lose some sleep over the next few days as I have done!!!
It virtually drives itself!

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
How was the drive Anzz, as you expected? Big exhaust noise on mine, like you it was the first time I heard it. I haven't even had a test drive yet, ha, ha! It was the salesman who had the pleasure. You enjoy it!

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Drive is great Lynne. You will find that you feel some of the potholes more than you did with the Corsa but this is still comfortable and doesn't shake your fillings out as some of the reviewers said. Buy a sporty car and you should expect a compromise. There are plenty of bouncy cars out there that wallow over bumps but you've ordered an Engineered so you must enjoy driving!
Don't worry about it. You will be absolutely delighted with it! However, I do feel people are less patient with you going on about your new A Class when you've got it than they were when you were waiting for it! and that includes my wife! Although she is trying to prise it off me some time next week so that she can go and pose at her works!!!

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
And happy posing! You can still be excited on here Anzz. We all understand what it is like.Lol!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Congrats on your long awaited Baby ANNZ!....looks good in the white, have fun and drive safe

Edited by: tone1

1 - 20 of 22 Posts